Color in a Box Swap 2020 Gallery

Very beautiful color combination!

I just love the flower magnet…so vibrant in tones of the colors!

Everything was very thoughtful…and funny that you two were in sync!

1 Like

That is a gorgeous package! Beautiful embroidery @lindyv321!!

2 Likes

I received my swap package from LuckXIIICreations! I feel really spoiled in that I’ve received a beautiful package! I mean…let’s start by appreciating the attention to detail in the packaging!!

Here is everything together!

An adorable note, handmade card. Some beautiful artwork for my home as requested! A cute tea candle holder with perfect swirl designs, several mini keychains, the most beautiful 100% merino wool (!!!), and a butterfly hanger (She doesn’t know this, bubut I hang these in the middle of every curtain rod in the house).
So thrilled. Thank you very much!

:+1::smiley:

8 Likes

Holy smokes! This package is exquisite! I love the artwork!!

@SalubriousAimee I’m so glad you like everything! The small bead things are actually stitch markers, but you can use them however you wish!

I also got my package today!
First look…ooooooh aaaaaaaah!

Tea pouch with tea! I’ll have some later ;D

A cool bracelet

!

Celtic knot (which I love) trivets/potholders.

A shiny little bag filled with…BUTTONS!!!

You can never have too many markers or stickers…

A cute box filled with…more stickers! and a little cat!

This little orange springy kisses (at least that’s what they look like to me). I think these are for my cat, Black Jack. He’s sleeping right now but we’ll see how he likes them later.

And last, a super squishy cowl with a pretty silky lining.

6 Likes

OOOH, what a lovely package!! So many buttons and stickers!

Black Jack approves

The other cat (my mom’s) will probably steal it later too. I’m only putting one down for now just in case she brings this one downstairs and the dog gets it.

5 Likes

I want to steal that gorgeous yarn!!! The art work is really cool…it feels so relaxing and calm…ahhh

Blue and orange are a great color combo…that cowl is lovely…and lined in pretty fabric as well!

I love the Celtic knots…looks like they were pretty complicated! I could probably make the little cat toys…they look fun…and cat approved!

Wow! Those are gorgeous packages! Is the artwork done with the paint pouring method?

I adore the blue and orange together! So fun!

I received a fun box of color from @MightyMitochondria! I told her I like jewel tones and she opted to go with blues and purples.

She made me a bouquet of fabric flowers. I really like having fresh flowers around to brighten up the house, so this will be great for whenever we don’t have fresh flowers (which is fairly often). She is clearly an expert at making fabric yo-yos, as each flower is made up of two of them (and an upcoming keychain also features a yo-yo).

MightyMitochondria also made me a flower topped pencil, a lettuce keychain, a miniature embroidery hoop filled with embroidery stitches, and two blue magnets!

Here’s a closeup of the pencil topper and the stitches in the embroidery hoop. I love how tiny the hoop is and I’m thinking of turning this into an additional magnet! I also really like the color combo on the pencil topper.

On top of all the handmade goods, MightyMitochondria also sent along a lettuce patch, a ‘Book It’ pin, and the blue embroidered fringed table topper that is featured in all the pictures. I had a vague memory of ‘Book It’ and when I looked it up, it said they are a literacy program partnered with Pizza Hut. I’m pretty sure I did this program back in elementary school!
I really like the blue gradation in the embroidery stitches on the table topper. She found this in a thrift shop, whoever made it did a great job! It will look really nice on our entryway table!

Thank you MightyMitochondria for all the time and effort you put into this box of color!

6 Likes

If you are referring to what I made, then yes. The painting and the candle holder were both done via paint pour. Very fun!

1 Like

Wonderfully thoughtful package of jewel toned goodness by @MightyMitochondria, the yoyo queen!

1 Like

@Lynx knows my secret to fabric yoyos is a Clover yoyo maker. The tool makes quick, uniform yoyos. I just love it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love yo yos…making them and receiving them! You did a fabulous job of making those flowers…what a lovely idea…the colors are so pretty together!

I am a fan of your wee stitching… another lovely swap package!

What a wonderful bouquet.

What great packages guys!

The paint pouring looks amazing @LuckyXIIICreations! Those celtic knot trivets are brilliant @SalubriousAimee! And that fabric flower bouquet makes me happy looking at it @MightyMitochondria :smiley:

The Ireland - New Zealand mail is suspended at the moment due to covid, so @Edel and I have to wait to mail our packages. I’m enjoying looking at all your beautiful creations in the meantime!

1 Like

I received my package from I love snails, she had to go with the ivory and pink color combo. She sent a beautiful package and found out my love of angels. She made a lapghan, an angel Ornament and a picture with an angel on it, thanks so much.

8 Likes

@AudiobookLover’s package arrived yesterday. Prepare to be blown away!

First, the box!! It is so fancy! :heart_eyes:

Next, the theme!

This stunning bar of soap is what inspired her whole theme. It smells heavenly. She also made a patch and a gorgeous key fob with my name.

I am so spoiled! She made me a desperately needed glasses case, bookmark, Lettuce Craft merit badge, and a I asked for a dice bag for my sons. Look at the embroidery! Is is amazing. And I am gushing over the merit badges! I can hardly wait to add them to my badge purse.

Finally, this show stopper. It’s a bag to hold all my fabric scraps! She included a metal structure of some sort that allows it to collapse and pop up. I love it! And just look at the LC badge! She is the queen of awesome details.

I love everything. Thank you so much.

13 Likes

@Raury Wow, all those bobbles in that lapghan! Beautiful angel ornament, and pretty card!

@mightymitochondria you sure were spoiled!! That box is so entincing inside and out! The soaps do look so yummy smelling, the bags!, the detail!

But, omg, that merit badge!! What!!!

Nice!

I received a gorgeous box full of turquoise goodies from @ragingsloth!
First, the pretty watercolor card:

Next, this stunning pouch that I just love!:

Then, these pretty extras!:

The perler bead RV is a magnet! (Oh, how I wish I had an RV to tour the USA!)

And, lastly, a holy coly look at this amazing pocket letter!

She says this was her first attempt at pocket letters or atcs. I don’t believe it. This is so amazing!! I hope you make separate topics for these!

Thank you so much for swapping with me!

10 Likes