Color in a Box Swap 2020 Gallery

I’m glad you like everything! I was nervous about the pocket letter! I just got into multimedia type papercraft stuff so I want really sure what I was doing. I also haven’t made a pouch like that. I hope stuff was enough turquise. Oh and the buildings atc unfolds!

That angel lapghan had to take forever with those bobbles! WOW!

Loving the dice bag and that interesting scraps bag…you guys need to be sure to post these in other categories so we can get all of the juicy details! Those merit badges are highly coveted…I just love them!

Those pocket ATCs are just fabulous…so many details in each piece…the card is also so incredibly lovely…and I adore those little spool tapes that you can write on…I also can’t wait to see what @Lynx does with her new crafting supplies…I see some awesome trims there…

1 Like

I received my box of rose/teal goodies!! I’m so excited, thank you so much @Amazing_784

Some beautiful mug rugs

A SUPER COOL fabric postcard

A “mint green decorative dangling thing” :joy:

A ton of pretty fabric flower magnets

And a huge oversized drawstring bag

And of course I need to add an action shot :grin::wink:

10 Likes

Your package was crazy cool!!

1 Like

Yay! It arrived! That bag was the thing that got out of control. I had to bring it back to your colors, even though I really didn’t have the exact colors you liked most. Have fun figuring out how many things fit into that bag!

2 Likes

THE BAG IS HUGE. I love it, you did an amazing job!

WOW! The gallery exploded! Everything is so colorful and fun!

I really like that bag! You will have to do a separate post so we can get more details…I am all about drawstring bags these days…so many uses!

Also, cute coasters…and that fabric postcard is a great idea…I have tons of scraps from mask making that I could use…lovely…

OK…I received from kittykill…looks like a regular box, right?

All of this fit inside! So many goodies! My main color was red…

The first item I grabbed was this very pretty embroidered pillow…a red flower! It is going to look great with my Frida afghan (when I finish it!)…

Then, there were items for my kitchen…Two lovely embroidered towels (which I have a very special use for!)…and some much needed pot holders in my favorite combo, orange and blue!

She then included these garden themed items…a very special felt and paint art piece, one of her magical pocket envelopes with lots of goodies, tags, charms…

and, a heavy beaded and crystal windchime/suncatcher!

And, finally, some cute notecards…I just love how the washi cards are done with the little felt flowers!

Thanks for being my partner…it really cheers me up to see these things in my new home!

5 Likes

Yeah! I’m so glad that it brought a smile to your face! :heart:

1 Like

I’ve received a wonderful package full of red from @anna.wahnsinn today.

Here’s the whole lot of red.
First of all some earrings that are not only in my favourite colour but also show my love for tea.

Then a crochet potholder. I love how the different shades mix.

She also made me a dangly necklace - I so love red accessories!

There’s a whole lot of red beads. The kiddos claimed them to glue them onto stones. I’m not quite sure if I like that idea.

And then something I’ve wanted to make myself for a long time because I find them just handy: beeswax wrappers

She even wrapped up everything in red fabric.
Thank you so much, Anne, for all the wonderful things! I love them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Those teapots!

1 Like

Those earrings are so darn cute! Also, very interested in those wraps…I am still looking for my huge chunk of wax to try them out!

Lots of red goodies…also my favorite color and accessories!

I received today from my partner, @Nicole.

Box goodness…she said that she had to work totally from stash, including the packing materials!

Card she handpainted.

Resin with lavender; it isn’t attached to anything…yet!

Adorable box…

…with adorable embroidered pin inside! I’m in the process of getting my real estate license, so I asked for accessories/etc to help me revamp my wardrobe.

Miniature bunting! I have a sewing room decorated with everyone else’s art, so this will definitely go up in there somewhere.

Embroidered hoop. Also with “house” theme!

I will have fun figuring out where to hang these last two things, as well as what I will do with the lavender in resin!

5 Likes

Yay you got it! :grin:

I love that house hoop…

Can the resin piece be made into a pendant? I love wearing unusual and long necklaces with something like that on it…it looks like amber or pale topaz…

1 Like

Ooh, that drawstring bag is so colorful and pretty. Can I ask what you do with fabric postcards? Are they just another way to “mugrug?” Did you see me make that a verb, there? ha.

Oy! What a pretty flowery embroidered pillow!

I adore that windchime! And the notecards are cute!

Nice packages!

1 Like

The fabric postcard is an alternative way to write a postcard. The pattern I used suggested that it is possible to send it through the mail, and it could be reused if there was an erasable surface on it. I covered the writing surface with thin clear vinyl, so that if she wants to “use” it for something it can be written on and erased!

I was thinking about making it into a pendant, yes. It is about 2" long, and weighs pretty much nothing so it would be fine on a standard type of chain I think. I’m trying to decide how to make it wearable.
Also, the drawstring bag…I did not take any pictures of the process. I’m really bad about that. Most of the coolest stuff I come up with starts out as one vision, then completely morphs into something else. I will say that the bag is made out of 3 embroidered placemats I found at a discount store. I seamripped the backing from the fronts, and used 2 of the 3 backings as the round bottom under the faux leather, as well as the drawstrings and the casings for the drawstrings. I happened to see a post here on lettucecraft that pointed the way for the method of closure; I’ll have to find it and link to it. Japanese Rice Bag
Once I’m not making masks (my aunt works with Navajo people who weave beautiful art rugs and make jewelry and she requested almost 75 masks for the families who have been hit especially hard with the virus), I’ll see if I can make another bag and do a pseudo-tutorial.

I think a simple wire wrap cage might be nice…or if it is drillable, maybe a hole all the way through? It looks heavier than it is…

You had me at placemats…wow…I was mostly curious about how it was put together…it is has a very bohemian style which I love…

You are a good person to help make masks for the Navajo…they have been overlooked by this administration but I hear they just got some funding…let’s hope they are able to contain it…

1 Like

How did this happen? We have a gallery filled with the most awesome colourful goodies and I completely missed it filling up, I just stumbled over the notification for Ewulotta’s package today. (Although I’m missing a lot at the moment, I’m happy if I remember what day it is and if there is something special going on.) It is an absolute pleasure admiring everything. Funnily enough I’m absolutely drawn to all of that yarny goodness. Is it just the colours, or is there another bug going around? Or maybe it is because I imagine running away and hiding in a corner with a ball of yarn and a crochet hook is easier than with needle, thread, and several thousand beads in different containers… That space cadet yarn for example. Or the embroidery projects. Those teeny tiny hoops!

@Ewulotta I’m so glad you like everything! I wouldn’t let my kids glue all of those beads to stones (because I know those beads would end up everywhere), but maybe let them cover one stone all with beads? Sounds like an awesome project! Anyone who is patient enough could even make patterns, like a tiny mosaic. Or those mandala dots things. And now I want to play with beads and glue, too.