Colorful Art

In the recent LC Grab Bag swap for the letter C I made my partners Colorful Art.

They are 6”x6” cradleboard. I used gesso, collage elements - including hand painted paper, gel medium, acrylic paints, ink, gel pen.

22 Likes

I love the colors and composition. I think the second one is my favorite. I like the black plant.

2 Likes

You always use such interesting elements in your art. I’m partial to the second one, as well, but they are both pretty!

1 Like

Great colors! I like the “A” in the first one and the white accents.

1 Like

Mmmm polka dots. I’m not familiar with cradleboard. Is it thick?

1 Like

It can be. It comes in different thicknesses like 1/2”, 3/4” etc. this was thin. maybe a w/4 to a 1/3” thick. The thinnest I’ve ever seen and super light.

So far I like birch cradle board better than pine. It seems smother and requires less sanding down on the edges.

1 Like

These are beautiful! I can’t choose a favourite; they’re both really nice and there’s so many neat details to find.

As I continue experimenting with different kinds of art, I’m finding mixed media is emerging as a clear favourite for me. I really love seeing all of the Lettuce Crafters’ mixed media; it’s so inspiring and I’m learning so much :heart:

Thank you for sharing your beautiful art.

1 Like

They are both so awesome, I can’t pick a favorite. Beautiful work.

1 Like

:bulb: Congratulations! This brilliant project is featured this week! :bulb:

1 Like

Gorgeous works of art! I love the little details and all of the layering! Do you use the gel medium to hold the layers together like glue?

1 Like

yep! lots of gel medium, slather on the surface, on the back of the piece to lay down and then over the top again when done

1 Like

These are simply gorgeous, wonderful rich colours and lots of great visual interest and details. Love them!!

1 Like

This is just so much one of your signature colourways, I knew it was yours from the thumbnail. Really lovely work. It’s masterful how you’ve managed to beautifully incorporate that magenta in with the green & golden hues. Reminds me of autumn leaves. Really, really nice.

I like the 2nd one with the white accents. I love altered art. It is truly an evolutionary experience. I’m always amazed when looking at the finished piece and considering how it began. Is the white circle grid on the right a stencil or stamp?

1 Like

I love all the colors and textures you achieved on these pieces. I’m a big fan of mixed media and I particularly like the book pages in the background.

I see by incorporating various mediums like acrylic paints, ink, and gel pen, you have the flexibility to create different textures, layers, and details in your artwork. The combination of materials and techniques you’ve used should result in a vibrant and visually appealing piece of colorful art.

Really nice colors! I love the palette you chose.