Colorful Yarn Loom Flower Wreath

My friend is the founder of a non-profit. Recently, she was gifted an enormous amount of craft supplies – lots of fake flowers and foliage, baskets, wreath bases, straw hats, and more. She’s shared the bounty with her friends – the plan is for us to make items for her to later sell at craft fairs to raise money for her organization, which provides transitional housing for people in recovery.

This is the first thing I made with my box. The wreath is made from a straw base wrapped in vintage variegated acrylic yarn from my own craft stash. I recently purchased a flower loom and vintage how to book off of eBay, which is what I made the flowers with. The loom flower process reminded me of the old Spirograph toy I loved as a kid. Think I’m going to have to make one for myself!

27 Likes

It came out great! looks nice in those colors. Well done. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to our community! This is such a wonderful wreath! I love the special history of the supplies and how it will give back! Nice!

2 Likes

I love yarn wreaths, and yours is so cheery with all the different flowers. Very cool that it is for charity, too. Very nice!!!

2 Likes

This is such a beautiful wreath! I hope everything goes well with your friend’s group as well. I love crafting for a good cause :+1:

2 Likes

This is so pretty! Great job!

2 Likes

Amazing!

2 Likes

I hope you show us what else you make, too!

2 Likes

This is such a cheerful wreath…and to know the story behind the making…what a great cause you are supporting with your talent!

I bet those flowers were fun to make…they are just so cute!

2 Likes

I really like the flowers!!

1 Like

Welcome to Lettuce Craft @takkykatty!

1 Like

Pretty!!

And, welcome!!

1 Like

Welcome! This is great - so bright and pretty!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Loom Flower Wreath is one of this week’s featured projects! Yahoo!

1 Like

That’s so awesome! Thank you!

Congrats on the feature!

1 Like

Wow! This is so cute! I would buy it in a heartbeat. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh, your flowers are so beautifully made!

1 Like

Your wreath is super cheery! Thanks for sharing with Lettuce Craft!

1 Like

So warm, yet vibrant! :heart: