Common Ground swap gallery!

I received today from @SalubriousAimee and boy did she spoil me with lots of goodies with our shared loved of traveling and being eco friendly!

A scrubby made from recycled shirts, a traveling pouch, envelopes from magazine pages, and a fun traveling inspired coin box…once I fill it up, where will I go?

The next item is super awesome.

This bag is HUGE and made from Plarn. Look how she put a cool bird decal in it!! I love the beads. I’d heard of plarn, but had never seen anything made from it, so I’m astounded.

Thanks for swapping with me!

10 Likes

So glad you loved it! I enjoy trying new things and have never seen a color change motif in plarn on this kind of scale. One of a kind indeed!

It’s truly exceptional. I hope you give it it’s own post.

Oh, cool bag! I never would have guessed that it’s plarn. Beautiful colorwork with the bird.

3 Likes

Sooo many goodies!

@Bunny1kenobi’s tiny cabinet is awesome! And I love the tea towel!

@Lynx’s kitty cross-stitch is woah I didn’t know you could that with cross-stitch amazing! Also the lettuce pouch is very cool!

@tendstowardschaos’ galaxy rocks :heart_eyes: and I love the fabrics on the tote and pouch!

@SalubriousAimee’s plarn bird bag is super neat!

2 Likes

That bag is gorgeous. The whole package is awesome.

2 Likes

I received from @kittykill! She spoiled me!

Firstly, some awesome ephemera for our common love of Alice in Wonderland! (Her little pockets are so fun- so glad I got some!)

And all laid out… so many cute things!

I got cute little wood burned goodies- a TV and a camera! The TV will be awesome in a dollhouse! She sent the wooden cutouts from the centers - I’m sure I’ll find a use for them. :blush: the Wonderland focal piece is really cool- trying to decide whether to use it for a bracelet or necklace. :thinking:

And WASHI TAPE! I love this stuff!!

Thank you @kittykill! I love everything! You were a terrific partner!

And three- count ‘em- THREE! Embroidered tea towels! So pretty and so much work!! I really needed some new ones so I’m very delighted to have these! (We both love embroidery)

7 Likes

Yeah! So glad that it all got to you safely! I had so much fun with the towels. I couldn’t decide on a certain style so I just went with three different ones. :grinning:

1 Like

I received from Lindyv321 today! She spoiled me. I got:

• two nightmare before christmas patches (we have that in common)
    -Harry Potter cards, keychain and magnet (we both love HP)
  • Halloween necklace, cross stitch kit, and mini shrine (we both love Halloween)
  • bb8 pop vinyl figure (we love star wars)
  • book socks (love to read)
  • notebook (I really needed this because I forget 100 percent of the things I don’t write down)
  • a minnie matching game for my daughter .She is obsessed with Minnie Mouse. She is going to be so happy!

Thanks so much for a wonderful swap! I love everything!

6 Likes

More remarkable kittykill stitching!! Great package from lindy! Such generous swappers!

I was also partnered with @LuckyXIIICreations and was so ecstatic because her quilling is swoonworthy! I asked her if she would be up to tackle a hummingbird quilling for me and boy was she! (We share a love of her quilling skills.) I was stoked to be partnered with her because I was going to ask her for a personal swap for quilling…lucky me!

The travel to me made some of the glue unhappy, so the parts you see glue are me fixing it. Several pieces needed reinforced (travel, heat, and glue…but luckily it was mostly only the pieces that make it 3D…yes…3D quilling!) but my trusty E6000 was up for the task.

It’s hard to photograph without glare, but it is stunning. This must have taken ages!! I love it! Thank you for making such a beautiful piece for me. Please show it off in it’s own post. (I hope we swap again soon, too!)

8 Likes

Wow! Great packages! I Wanna see a closeup of the shrine Lindy sent!!

That quilling is killer!

I absolutely love the towels!!! Almost too pretty to use!!

I stalk this gallery every day! :sweat_smile: And today I am the lucky receiver!!
Thank you SO much @grenouille78!!

First up, this gorgeous handmade seed box - we share a love of gardening :leafy_green: Everything came wrapped up so beautifully in this box :green_heart:

Next, these amazing bookmarks! I love them SO much - @grenouille78 chose some of our shared favourite books and films

Here’s a close up of my favourite…The Princess Bride! Check out the details on the sides… screeching eels, ROUSs, and even iocaine powder! :stuck_out_tongue:

Lastly this spectacular quilted tote! Made in some shared favourite colours - red and aqua. I think it’s wonderful that the fabric are offcuts from a dress you made yourself :blue_heart: :heart: Check out the patchwork lining! It’s so great :smiley:

And one action shot photo for you all :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks so much again @grenouille78, your package is wonderful xx
And thank you @Bunny1kenobi for hosting - I think the theme of the swap is great. There is something special making something you love for someone else, who also loves it too! It’s been a great way to get to know others on LC :smiley:

10 Likes

Love that bag! And the box. And the bookmarks!

I’m a big fan of this swap as well. So glad we got to do it again!

2 Likes

Awesome packages all around! Gorgeous tea towels, @kittykill! Great Halloween goodies, beautiful quilling, and an adorable tote!

I received from @geekgirl! We both crochet and sew, and really like bags.

She made me these fabulous crocheted washcloths, which one can never have enough of.

I also got two perfect little zipper pouches in great fabrics - I love batiks (and red is one of my favorite colors), and Route 66 is really special to me (had a great time driving it with my DH, and my grandparents spent their honeymoon driving it, too). The inside is music note fabric, which is cool because music has always been a big part of my life - 8 years of music study, marching, etc., and I’ve been to more concerts than I can count.

And, as if that weren’t enough, she included a bunch of awesome extras! A pretty field book (my favorite kind of journal), more of those awesome fabrics, a sparkly crochet keychain (already in use), and this fab little coin purse that looks a lot like my DS2’s favorite Mom-made toy.

Thank you so much, @geekgirl, for a wonderful swap!

9 Likes

Great stuff! I love that Route 66 fabric!

hahaha that little coin purse girl does look like your doll!

I thought the route 66 and music note fabric was ideal because you had those as themes and I love using maps and sheet music in my art work (although I have negative musical talent).

2 of the dishcloths are my favorite stitches for dishcloths the 3 - the waffle stitch was new to me. I saw it on your pinterest and tried it out. it really made for a nice squishy texture.

2 Likes

I love the textures on the washcloths! What yarn did you use? It’s so soft and silky.

Hobby lobby’s I Love This Cotton. It’s my favorite.

2 Likes

So many amazing things! I received from @momiemae today and love my goodies!

She zeroed in on our shared love of Disney and Harry Potter.

My favorite is the home sign and I love the simple floral design of the purple wall hanging!

Also the Jack and Sally that I sent are meant to be mug rugs :blush: and BB-8 is for your son!

9 Likes