COMPLETE 4x6 Art Swap - Round 4 - Sign Up until 15 August - Send Out 23 August

Great use!

Ah, thank you for pointing that out!

1 Like

That’s a good point, I’ll clarify in the swap info too

1 Like

I just added a little to the info. One of the things I like about this swap is that it can be very low cost to participate - you can create something lovely with pencil and paper, or a cereal box and glue and paint, or fabric scraps, etc. - and mail it for the cost of a stamp or two.

This swap is perfect to try out swapping if you haven’t swapped before - it doesn’t cost very much, and you get your item(s) ready before signing up, so there’s no stress or pressure. Plus (if you’re reading this and thinking about signing up) I can absolutely guarantee that everyone here loves sharing art and creativity, and your artwork will be loved and appreciated :sparkles: :art: :heart:

5 Likes

Stalking! :grin: I want to make a little more progress on my other swap commitments then I’ll play around with some ideas for this one! :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Questionnaire sent in :smiley:

2 Likes

hmmm, I do like the idea of just creating a piece and then discovering who it will go to? did I read that correctly? if so, it seems like less pressure to make something for a particular person & more of a “just create something” vibe~

8 Likes

You read that correctly. Create something you like and then send it to someone else.

3 Likes

What freedom! Just make something! I am going to do that this weekend…

4 Likes

I have 2 pieces made. I need to either make 1 more, or stop at 2 and remember to officially sign up.

4 Likes

Yes you’re exactly right - this swap is for the pure fun of making art just to delight yourself, and the joy of sharing it with people who will appreciate it :sparkles: :art: :sparkles:

5 Likes

I’m going to Jerry’s Artorama for the first time tomorrow in search of 4x6 canvases. I always end up having to order them.

2 Likes

Honestly I just raid the recycle bin for some nice cardboard (depending on what I want to use to create the art)

5 Likes

I love Jerry’s!

1 Like

I just finished (at least) 3 pieces, so I’ve officially signed myself up :grinning:

How is everyone getting on? I find the 4x6 size such a fun size to experiment with and try out an idea in a few different ways.

5 Likes

Bouncing around a couple ideas but we’ll see if I have the spoons to execute any of them. So… I’ll probably decide last minute if I’m in or not.

3 Likes

I do plan to join - and still mulling over ideas. Hope to get some beginnings of projects soon! This is one of my favorite swaps and I do like creating without knowing the recipient. But I need to clear my head (stop watching the Olympics!!) and get to arting!

4 Likes

I have 3 pieces done. Just need to get around to signing up

2 Likes

I did mine while watching the Olympics … easier than when watching a movie :smiley:

3 Likes

We’ve still got a whole week before sign ups close. That’s plenty of time to do some little postcard-sized art, if you’re still thinking about signing up :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Has everyone had a good weekend? My sister had a birthday, so we went for dinner at a fancy place in the city with a beautiful view of the harbour bridge. I’m all inspired to try to paint sparkly city lights and yachts on the water. :sparkles: :sailboat: :anchor:

5 Likes