COMPLETE 4x6 Art Swap - Round 4 - Sign Up until 15 August - Send Out 23 August

:sparkles: :art: :pencil2: :crayon: :sparkles: It’s 4 x 6 ART time!!! Let your inner artist out! :sparkles: :art: :pencil2: :crayon::sparkles:

GALLERY

We had a bit of discussion a while back about this swap, and there were a couple of comments about feeling nervous about joining in, or wondering about having a beginners round. So, just to encourage everyone to feel free to participate …

Everyone is welcome in this swap :grinning: (just the general swap rules apply as below). Every piece of art is loved and appreciated here, whether this is the first time you’ve picked up a pencil or a brush, or you’ve been doing art for years. Please don’t feel anxious about joining in, or about whether your art is “good enough” - this swap is all about sharing that creative joy, and we would love for you to share your art here :rainbow: :sparkles: :art:

art by geekgirl

SWAP DETAILS

• Swap name: 4 x 6 Art Swap - R4
  • Lettuce Crafter who is organizing this swap: jemimah
  • Sign-up date range (also crafting period): 24 July 2021 - 15 August 2021
  • Date to send item - on or before 23 August 2021
  • Limited to a certain number of people? 25
  • Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
  • Age requirement? 16

PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS

• Must be a member of Lettuce Craft for at least 30 days
  • Must have posted at least 15 times on Lettuce Craft
  • Must have read the Lettuce Craft Swap Rules
  • New swappers can only be in one swap at a time
  • Previous swappers can only be in five swaps at a time
  • Participant is at least 16 years old

SWAP OVERVIEW

For this swap, you will be required to make a piece of art that is 4" x 6" in any medium and in any style that you choose. The crafting period and signup period for this swap are the same - 24 July 2021 - 15 August 2021. Since you will not receive your partner’s information until after the crafting period has ended, this will be a great time for you to let your imagination run wild! Partner information will be sent to each participant on 16 August 2021. You will have until the end of the day on 23 August 2021 to get your artwork into the mail. Since this is a paper swap, you must be willing to ship Internationally. Tracking information for your envelope is not required, but if your artwork is lost in transit, you must agree to resend.

As long as your art measures 4" x 6", you can use any materials you like - paper, cardboard, canvas, fabric, plywood, unicorn hide … but you may have to ship internationally, so if cost is a factor, keep it light and flat and you can mail it as a letter. The minimum costs for this swap are intentionally low; you can make something with a piece of paper and a pencil, and mail it with an envelope and a stamp.

To participate, once your 4x6 artwork is complete, send a private message to organizer @jemimah with the following information:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
Name of Swap: 4 x 6 Art Swap R4
Lettuce Craft Username:
Email Address:
Your Real Name:
Mailing Address Including Country:
Confirm that are at least 16 years old:
How many partners do you want? 1, 2, or 3:
Do you understand that if your art is lost in transit, you will need to resend?
Do you understand that this swap is open to international swappers?
Is your 4x6 art complete and ready to ship?

To make sure that everyone is ready at the time of addresses, only send this questionnaire once your artwork is complete!

7 Likes

Participants

@Edel - 3 partners
@Cindy - 2 partners
@Lynx - 3 partners
@jemimah - 3 partners
@geekgirl - 3 partners
@Abbeeroad - 3 partners
@Kwality570 - 2 partners
@pioneer9 - 3 partners
@Reinikka - 3 partners
@whatthepuck - 1 partner
@Smmarrt - 2 partners
@AuFish - 1 partner
@LuckyXIIICreations - 3 partners
@megwell - 1 partner

1 Like

Yay! I have one piece complete, but I want to send more, so I will keep working, then sign up!

1 Like

I’ll be joining this one!

2 Likes

I am in. It’s a perfect swap since I can craft in advance & send from wherever we may be camping.

4 Likes

Perfect timing. I just started working on some :smiley:

2 Likes

Yay! I’ve been waiting. I will sign up later today!

2 Likes

I’ve already got some 4 x 6 pieces started too. It’s such a fun size to work on - not too big, and very easy to mail :love_letter:

3 Likes

I am thinking of joining! I want to get some pieces made first before officially joining in though. :slight_smile: :art:

3 Likes

Excellent!

Everybody - there’s three weeks for crafting, so get making some art! :art: don’t send in your info until your art is finished ready to send :smiley:

6 Likes

I’ll work on getting some pieces together to send! I love this one.

4 Likes

Just an earburn for @PhoenixWolf who expressed interest in the previous round, but we ended up not doing it … it’s on now, please join in if you’d like to :grinning:

2 Likes

I have an idea for one but also another swap on a similar schedule. Hoping it will come together, but I may be a late decision.

1 Like

I’m in for this one too. I’m hoping to make three pieces of art.

2 Likes

I just ordered some 4x6 canvases and will see what happens :smiley:

2 Likes

It is a paper swap for mailing purposes…no tracking required since it fits into a card size envelope…

2 Likes

I’ve gotten rhose flat canvas boards in the past, I used them too for dimensional fiber pieces. I sent somebody a poofy fabric heart 4x6 one time.

1 Like

I’ve received many flat canvas, used flat canvas, received a woven piece, sent a “stained glass”, received wood burned… and they are all loved in my kitchen!

1 Like

I have as well but didn’t want her to feel it was necessary to purchase anything special for this swap. To mail out anything as a package, especially international, is very expensive these days!

I am happy to receive anything that is 4x6 in any medium and on any substructure.

4 Likes

Ya, cardboard is my go-to. Stiff but light. Perfect for mailable art.

1 Like