COMPLETE-Color in a Box 2022 Sign Up: 1.2-1.9.22/ Send out: 2.11.22

I don’t think I actually “chose” a color so much as shared out what colors are around the house so if the item my partner chose to craft was for a specific place they knew what would be around it in situ.

Also, I’m getting swap anxiety now. I made the medium and an extra to include with the non-made-by-me “fillers” but it looks like many of you are making away out there and I don’t want my partner to feel short changed… I must think on this.

1 Like

some of my “fillers” are going to be small/extra small crafted items. Mostly because I just wasn’t sure what to buy and could come up with smalls/extra small ideas.

5 Likes

Oh no, throw that swap anxiety in the garbage bin where it belongs! It’s only supposed to be a medium item and some extra fun little stuff. I haven’t any time to shop & nothing appropriate in stash ( I know, what a shocker!) so am making small things. One item only took 10 minutes, other things I actually started pre-covid & have been waiting for an excuse to finish & send :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Don’t mind cheaty me!

I started the main item last night and it’s going much faster than I thought it would! I could get it done tonight, then photos & packing up. Sunday I have a trip out of town for 2 weeks so I gotta get some hustle on!

4 Likes

Working on a project for @Kwality570 right now! It’s one of those things I can do while I work, so it’s coming in handy to keep me awake while waiting on calls. I also found one store-bought extra for her the other day… it’s kind of a blast from the past, too, so that’s fun.

The colors I put on my q are teal and peach, plum and gray, or black and red and white. My problem is that I like all the colors!

4 Likes

I have checked in with my partners! And the colors that I wanted for my box are yellow/orange. I need some sunshine in the winter!

Also, I made some serious progress this weekend! My main projects are done, just working on extras now.

3 Likes

I have bits assembled for construction! Who knew I had so many and so much green? Its not my color, though I like green, so kind of shocked me finding it all!

4 Likes

Same here, I can’t currently get out to shop, so making some fillers. Luckily, @Cyn-energy and I share a love of our color! My medium is done. I keep making things that become my new favorite!

3 Likes

We had a bunch of snow here which has made getting to shops a bit complicated. I also started a new job this week so it has been a little hectic. And my birthday is tomorrow :slight_smile: ! I ordered some things but really need to get to the shop for my crafted item. I should be able to get that this weekend. I was lucky to be partnered with @Lynx who shares my love of the color TEAL!

6 Likes

I’m also making several things because it is hard for me to go shopping and several items have taken almost no time to make.

6 Likes

My partner and I had the same color - gray, which I obviously love. All the shades of gray; warm, cool, tonal, French, monochromatic. It’s all so beautiful! She included black, white, and silver for accents.

7 Likes

@mellybelly81 and I both chose blues and greens - I’ve got so many supplies in those colours :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: We’ve been busy with a few visitors the last two weeks, but no one else coming for a while - so lots of crafting time coming up now, yay!

5 Likes

I am finished! I worked all last weekend and every night after work this week, I even got a couple hours in one morning before work when I woke up at 5 instead of 8, haha.
I’m going on a trip for 2 weeks this Sunday & needed to get 'er done. I’m really happy with how everything turned out, I hope you’ll like your colourful parcel @Edel !

6 Likes

Oh my goodness!! I’ve made a start on the first item this morning. But I’m planning on spending the evening creating.

@Magpie how do you feel about colour in a bag? Rather than a box, I know you’ve been destashing your home and I’d prefer to send things that are functional. And not add to clutter?

5 Likes

Sure, bags are always useful! I use the one you printed with your hand carved sock monkey stamp all the time, I love the bags you make :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My package has been done for days but there’s a nagging “not done” feel about so I am happy to have time to ponder before the send out date. I’m sitting with it to see what it is that I’m not telling myself I want to include.

4 Likes

Did you write a note? That’s one of the best parts of a package for me, reading a little news or thoughts from a friend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I havent written it yet but that’s on the “definite” list. I usually write a little note last in case any of my choices needs a bit of explanation haha!

It’s like that feeling one gets when they feel snacky but can’t put a finger on what snack they want. Maybe that’s just me? :thinking:

2 Likes

Finally left my house and found some pretty teal fillers for my partner’s box!

5 Likes

I’ve been crafting up a storm for this one. I’ve had yellow stained fingers and paint on my hands for days and had to tell my coworkers I’d been using yellow paint and stain and didn’t just have jaundice! :slight_smile: the yellow sunshine box has helped brighten my days.

5 Likes

Its a crisp, cold, clear day out. Perfect for binging some Hulu and working on my package.

4 Likes