COMPLETE-Color in a Box 2022 Sign Up: 1.2-1.9.22/ Send out: 2.11.22

i like my green, but for my partner’s box, she chose oranges or rainbow…i’m working on some orangey goodness…mind the medium item i made was with the orange-est stuff i found at the store, but the variegated nature of the yarn didnt really show as much of the orange as i would have liked…there might be enough yarn to make another one that might show MORE orange. we shall see. i am making a few more orange things now and i have another idea or two for something i would like to try…def some perfect crafting weather around these parts…

4 Likes

Snow up to the knees & still falling? Bahahahaha!

4 Likes

yep. and when i say perfect crafting weather, i also mean perfect drinking AND crafting weather. gotta stay warm somehow. @bugaboo’s next thing i make might be a little bit crooked. just saying.

7 Likes

I have almost everything done except the box. I have zero box decorating ideas AND my main item won’t fit in the box that I planned to use. I need a stroke of inspiration!

3 Likes

I have everything crafted for my package, I’m just waiting for the ink to fully dry on one of my pieces! I just need to get one or two little fillers and I’m going to call it good!

5 Likes

Am I missing something? I didn’t think actually crafting a colorful box was part of the requirements, just filling a box with colorful things.

2 Likes

It is not a requirement. I think that @MightyMitochondria just wants to add as much color as she can to her package. The requirements are one medium crafted item + 4 or more happy package fillers (candies, journals, small crafted items).

4 Likes

There is no pretty box requirement. I just have time and know I could pretty one up without much effort. That is, if I can find one that fits all my items.

4 Likes

Edel & I are not even boxing at all, overseas shipping being what it is!

5 Likes

Getting the main item finished right away has been really enlightening to me. I’ve done a lot of swaps and tend to waffle so much in what I want to make, I lose a good chunk of time. But I’ve been able to relax and enjoy anything I impulsively feel like making, knowing I can supplement with purchases (because that’s the actual requirement).

Working on an extra now. And I’m going to try out something new for finishing. We’ll see!

5 Likes

All Orange is good orange!!! The Dept of public works (once the color of my kitchen) the rusts, peaches…there is no bad orange!!! Crooked and cockeyed is fine too!!!

I have finally “finished” craftroom make over! I have been crafting a bit along the way and now that I can actually find everything I have 50000 more ideas!

5 Likes

I’ve finished my main thing and has a small brainwave for the rest. If I can make it happen. Thing two is 3/4 finished.

3 Likes

I am working on the last bits today (3 year old permitting) and plan to ship out on Thursday. I like what I have and this last idea will finish it off, I think.

4 Likes

Main craft complete! Well, mostly. A little touch up for presentation is required. Other than that, I have a small store bought item, a small crafted item. And I’m about to start another small crafted item.

4 Likes

#ThatFeeling when you grow attached to something you crafted for a swap :joy: I’m resisting I swear!

7 Likes

My package has been boxed up and ready for a few days. Now it is a matter of getting to the post office. I might not get it sent until Saturday.

4 Likes

Just boxed mine up!

3 Likes

I just finished my crafted item. I have my extras ready and should be sending out Saturday or Monday.

3 Likes

I never made it ro the post office today due to a child being oh-so-very-very-3 years old today. It’s a miracle I’ve not been glugging whiskey out of my yarn bowl all evening.
Ah well, tomorrow is a new day. And if not tomorrow then it will have to wait until sometime next week as we have a storm coming in for Saturday.

5 Likes

Storm is coming to my area too. Its the perfect excuse to blow everyone off and stay home with the fur babies and craft… as long as we dont lose power. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes