COMPLETE: Halloween Advent - SU 6/11-6/24 SO 8/27

I’ve not enough costuming, that’s my mistake

2 Likes

i rec’d a big o box from @KarenLouiseM ! it’s so tempting to tear into…but i’ll be good. :innocent:

still finishing up and will probably be sending right on the mark.

worst costume…maybe not the worst but it’s up there. i was dolly parton in the sixth grade (11 years old maybe). i wore a huge blonde wig of my mothers, a tight turtleneck with grapefruit in my training bra , jeans and go go boots. sixth grade people. wth? where were the adults in my life!!! if i can find a pic, i’ll post it.

3 Likes

Oh gosh, in 6th grade we were supposed to dress up as someone from Greek Mythology for the unit we were doing in school, and I was Artemis in a 1970s tunic-dress of my mother’s with a bow made out of a bunch of old venetian blind slats my father tied in a bunch for strength & strung with some bright color of plastic twine. Not worst, but definitely a Thing.

2 Likes

Hands down worst costume, I give you: Crash Test Dummies.

Little me and my older brother, and I’m astounded he went along with it. I don’t know whose idea it was, but it certainly wasn’t mine. Perhaps in the 90s it wasn’t terrible, but looking back we seem a certain kind of horrifying.

In other news, I got a box from @Bunny1kenobi! I’m trying not to make eye contact with it while I keep crafting away!

5 Likes

Yay! Glad it arrived safely!

1 Like

I am finally making headway on the final piece. Whew! I may have the time to finish this weekend. Then… to wrap everything and mail it out very soon. Yay!

2 Likes

Shipping is in 12 days! The remainder of this weekend and next + a few days!

Check in question for the week: what is a strange or creepy food combination the doesn’t sound appetizing, but really is?

Mine is lumpy mashed potatoes and soy sauce. Not too much! Just enough…

Looks utterly disgusting, but nom, nom, nom. What about you?

1 Like

I grew up dipping my grilled cheese sandwich in ketchup. As I’ve gotten older I’ve discovered (as has my sister) that that is far less common than we’ve been led to believe. lol

3 Likes

We always used to eat them with curry ketchup! Even cheese cubes at parties were served with curry ketchup.

2 Likes

Ooh. I’ve never had curry ketchup. I shall look into this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mashed potatoes and barbecue sauce. Kraft mac and cheese with barbecue sauce. Anything with barbecue sauce.

1 Like

Is spinach & ricotta cheese casserole weird? Or italian dressing on baked potatoes?

1 Like

It’s very common in my corner of Europe but I don’t think I’ve seen it elsewhere. We buy it bottled usually but making it from scratch is on my to-do list, this is the recipe I’ve saved: https://www.thekitchenmaus.com/quick-curry-ketchup/

I grew up eating curry ketchup so when I try plain ketchup I always have the feeling something is missing.

Today I’m just finishing up a few items that have been 99% done for weeks. I don’t know why I always put that off for so long. Then it’s time to think about wrapping!

2 Likes

I just realized tonight’s dinner is disgusting to some people. It was invented by an old roommate. He wanted to make burgers but he didn’t have burgers or burger buns. So you take a regular slice of bread, put mayonaise and (curry) ketchup on it, pickles, cheese, tomato, lettuce, whatever you have on hand, and then a fried egg on top. A lot of people hate the idea of mayo and ketchup with fried egg. He would make this dish when he was broke, I make it when I’m lazy.

2 Likes

That sounds good. I mean, there’s already egg in mayo :wink: … And, I have gotten ketchup on my egg before just because it’s been near my hashbrowns. lol

2 Likes

I grew up eating scrambled eggs with ketchup…my hubby loves pancakes with an egg and syrup…that is a yuck to me…

I am waiting for y’all’s gallery!!!

2 Likes

Eggs with ketchup - yes! Scrambled eggs are the only thing I put ketchup on!

3 Likes

Still working away here…

Weirdest thing I probably eat is cottage cheese and applesauce together. I don’t imagine thats too weird though, right?!

3 Likes

I grew up eating cottage cheese with pineapple slices. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like cottage cheese and fruit, so this is pretty much the same!