COMPLETE: Halloween Advent - SU 6/11-6/24 SO 8/27

G A L L E R Y

Halloween Advent was first inspired by a project in our former home

For this swap, participants will ** MAKE/CRAFT ** 13 small items, to be opened by your partner beginning October 1st. Swappers will list at least 5 themes (and a question for mediums) for partners to choose from to help make a cohesive package!

Theme examples:

• vintage
  • retro
  • monster
  • pagan / witchy
  • MCM
  • all cat, all the time

Medium examples:

• paper
  • beads
  • sewn
  • embroidered
  • quilled
  • clay

Extras (such as additional ā€œdaysā€, purchased items, or just general package ā€œfloofsā€) can be discussed between partners. I will include a question about extras, so you will have an idea if they are open to the possibility. I generally partner by shipping>allergies>shared interests. But I will try to match wishes for extras as well. Please take your own situation into account prior to signing up. We are living in wild times, but flaking is still disheartening. IYP is always welcome. Swappers must have successfully completed at least 1 (one) swap on Lettuce OR Cster prior to signing up.

~~ I reserve the right to refuse a swap participant request. ~~

After the round 2 swap poll posted, it occurred to me swappers might WANT the very long swap time (2 months) so Iā€™m asking for feedback from all the interested parties (YAā€™LL!!)

The poll will be up for 2 weeks (closing June 11th), and complete swap details/questionaire will be posted below

• Original: Open swap July 20th, partners August 3rd, Shipping Sept. 7th (5 weeks crafting)
  • Alternative: Open swap June 11th, partners June 25th, shipping August 27th (2 months/8 weeks crafting)

0 voters

Swap name: Halloween Advent
LC member who is organizing this swap: JoyfulClover
Sign-up date range: 06/11 - 06/24
Date to send item by: 08/27
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement? NO
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions: YES

• Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
  • Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
  • Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
  • Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
  • Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap size guidelines (also listed in the swap rules)

By Time
-Large = 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Small = 2 or less hours

By Size
-Large = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks

By Price
-Large = $30 or more
-Medium = $10-$30 dollars
-Small = $10 or less

If you wish to participate, please complete the questionnaire from below - be as wordy as you like! - and send to JOYFULCLOVER with the subject title ā€œHALLOWEEN ADVENT QUESTIONNAIREā€

** QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER: **

Name of swap: Halloween Advent
LC username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? YES/NO
Allergies:
Allergens in home:
Have you successfully completed at least one swap either in Lettuce or Cster? YES/NO
Will you post weekly in the swap thread?
Will you post photos of your received package in the swap gallery?

• Have you been a member for at least one month? YES/NO
  • Have you posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
  • Have you completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
  • Are you currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
  • Do you have any negative feedback: YES/NO
  • If within the US, do you understand a Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
  • If outside the US, do you understand a copy of the mailing receipt is required for this swap: YES/NO

List at least 5 favorite themes:
Any themes or topics you DISLIKE:

List at least 3 favorite mediums:
Any mediums you DISLIKE:

Favorite/preferred colors, or patterns for this swap:

Any colors or patterns you DISLIKE for this swap:

The swap is for ** 13 handmade items **. Would you be open to additional ā€˜daysā€™, extras, purchased items, etc?

Do you have a Pinterest, Insta, or other that might help your partner? Link it!

Any additional thoughts or comments to help your partner out?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

4 Likes

Swappers:

1. JoyfulClover
  2. momiemae
  3. thanate
  4. Bunny1kenobi
  5. chameleonhound
  6. Edel
  7. curiousfae
  8. KarenLouiseM
  9. artsycandice
  10. Immaculata

PARTNERS:

@JoyfulClover < > @Edel
@curiousfae < > @KarenLouiseM
@artsycandice < > @Immaculata
@chameleonhound < > @Bunny1kenobi
@thanate < > @momiemae

Shipped:

• KarenLouiseM
  • Bunny1kenobi
  • Edel
  • thanate
  • JoyfulClover
  • artsycandice
  • chameleonhound
  • curiousefae - SL w/ comm
  • Immaculata - SL w/ comm
  • momiemae - SL w/ comm

Received:

• curiousfae
  • chameleonhound
  • momiemae
  • JoyfulClover
  • Bunny1Kenobi
  • thanate
  • Immaculata
  • KarenLouiseM
  • Edel
  • artsycandice
1 Like

Can someone test the poll above? It doesnā€™t seem to be working quite right.

I voted, and it shows my vote, so, yay!

1 Like

Whew! Oh good! Thank you!! I guess when you make the poll, it does wacky things when you vote!

1 Like

I voted!

1 Like

Voted!

1 Like

Voted. :tada:

1 Like

Voted, yay!!!
Andā€¦ with that kind of craft time my small items may turn into medium/large-ish. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: With all my events cancelled this summer I NEED a decent creative outlet. :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

I voted and it works ok. I want to participate in this swap, but I donā€™t want my participation to ā€˜forceā€™ international shipping on someone, because so many people have had incomes nosedive with Covid.

Maybe Iā€™ll leave it to our glorious organiser, and if she can find me a partner, then Iā€™ll be in. If not Iā€™ll fake swap with me.

2 Likes

I would totally swap with you, @Edel.

And I include the question regardless. Please donā€™t NOT swap because of this.

Edit: this does not mean someone else CANā€™T swap with you. If someone else is open to Intl., and it works out, then I will match.

I donā€™t want others who are dying to partner with you, think you are already off the market!!

I just wanted to be clear, you have AT LEAST one potential partner, and please donā€™t NOT sign up because of it.

People can always opt out of international shipping if thatā€™s not within their budget. Or maybe we can get a bunch of fellow Europeans to sign up and the organizer can partner those people.

I am still a bit in doubt. I would never sign up for such a ā€˜bigā€™ swap under normal circumstances but I have plenty of time now. Iā€™m just a bit scared about the swap package arriving as a private swap with a member in the UK didnā€™t go well, nothing has arrived yet after 3,5 weeks. But maybe those issues will get resolved over the summer as everyone gets used to the new situation.

Yes, swappers will be able to chose if they are interested in international shipping, or not. Pre-partnering is welcome, just let me know during signups.

Each person should take their own circumstances into account, as only you know your unique challenges. If you are not able to make this round, there will be others!

1 Like

I voted :grinning:. So happy for Halloween swapping!! Side note - I tend to be quiet, not sure I have 15 posts. Anyone know how a I can check?

2 Likes

Itā€™s in your profile, under activity.

Go find cool things to comment on!!

1 Like

TY Joyful Clover!

1 Like

This is too large/time consuming a swap for me.

But I did want to mention that that little weirdo witch image lives in my house! Sheā€™s currently up on a shelf away from new kitten curiosity but she will be out and around the house come October. Sheā€™s a sweetie, if not a bit scary on first acquaintance.

And that shelf, a foot from the ceiling, is not completely cat safe. Our older cat used to levitate up there on occasion causing massive chaos. I keep most of my swap critters up there for safety. Heā€™s fat and old now and so far has not taught the 9 month old kitten how to get up there. But considering the antics he gets into in my craft room if I forget to close the door, there may come a time. See him in the little window up in the corner of the living room. See, very little is safe.

3 Likes

Yes! I made Siggi for you! And thatā€™s your photo I borrowed as well!! I think she is one of my top favs I have made. After I saw yours I realized I could have gone wilder!

I love your kitty. I have 2 very high windows I have always imagined installing a catwalk up the wall, so imagined kitty could peek out - just like this!

I love this. It is one of my traditions every year. I just signed up for cricut access and I am dying to make some pretties!

1 Like