COMPLETE : Invite Your Partner 2021 swap, Sign up Feb 4 – Feb 18, Send out Apr 1

I finished one thing yesterday. I am started another project today. I’m excited about making it for @bethntim

3 Likes

Y’all a bunch of overachievers! :laughing:

3 Likes

seconded! :laughing:

3 Likes

I received from @tendstowardschaos today… y’all —this package is truly a wonder. I officially have a new crafty crush! :heart::heart: Look for pics in the gallery tomorrow as it’s a bit dark for photos just now…

3 Likes

Why am I suddenly nervous!/ It hadn’t occurred to me until just now that I “gotta compete” with the amazing @tendstowardschaos! I know, I know. It’s not a competition and all that. Just an added dimension to swap anxiety! :wink:

4 Likes

Your stuff is never short of amazing!

2 Likes

No pressure!!!

And thank you!

4 Likes

Sorry for being so late on this question. I got sick and it took a while to get over.
When I was a kid I loved Star Wars (still do). I would make ships out of shoe boxes and stuff. My mom loved it so much that I wasnt allowed any of the vehicles. Lol. Its cute now but I hated it as a kid. I did make some intricate ships though.

5 Likes

Thank you for the compliment! But, I agree with @Bunny1kenobi, you’re an amazing talent.

1 Like

Takes one to know one! Or something. I am suddenly feeling awkward… I didn’t intend to turn this into a love fest! But I’m grateful for you all here in the lovely place of inspiration and support. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Shoebox ships sounds awesome! I hope you’re feeling much better now :grinning:

2 Likes

I think we’re probably well overdue for another check in question to chat about …

Check in question - Do you have a “Mt Everest” crafty project that you want to complete? Something that you’d love to make one day, but it’s going to be a challenging task?

I have a longstanding urge to crochet a granny square blanket like my grandmother used to make. I can only barely crochet - I’m very much more a knitter, and only taught myself basic crochet fairly recently. There’s something about those old school blankets I love. But It might take many years …

4 Likes

I don’t think I have something quite along those lines, but I am facing down a daunting project I set for myself about a year and a half a go and I think that I won’t be able to postpone it again. :grimacing: A wall-to-wall, floor to ceiling built-in book case! About 13’6" wide and close to 8’ tall. :flushed: It should be a summer/fall project so I can utilize space outdoors and also not worry about heating our small shop space and so that our UTV/snow plow can be parked outside for a bit… I’ll also have to really organize and clean that space to set up saws. ACK!

9 Likes

I have two. Before she passed, my Mema and mom got together to cut the pieces to a quilt pattern for me on the sly. The fabric is a bit finicky, so I’m working on my machine sewing skills before tackling it. The second is a fish themed Hawaiian lap quilt. My hand sewing needs to get more consistent before attempting it and maybe getting a quilting frame. I got my Mema to start quilting and really want to honor her memory with them someday.

Still trying to get the angles right, but getting there on @Lynx’s hoop.

7 Likes

My Mt. Everest is a dollhouse. One of those large-and-in-charge types that would need its own room. (A room that I don’t currently have in my house.) it would be one of those Victorian monstrosities with lovely gilded things in every room, in the over-the-top way they did things back then. Sigh… I get all dreamy eyed even thinking about it!

9 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi yes! Me too! Would love to have an over the top dollhouse too!
My Mt. Everest is a Persian tiles crochet blanket. I’ve started it and it is daunting to say the least!

5 Likes

My (current) Mt. Everest is a sweater made from my own handspun yarn. It’s going to require about two pounds of yarn, spun the same weight and style. I have the wool and I’ve been practicing the spinning, but haven’t taken the dive into the fiber I set aside. Still need to find a pattern I like and test it out on some inexpensive yarn.

5 Likes

My current Mt. Everest is my Operation Use Up Yarn. I had to take a break because my back was hurting from working on it non-stop, but it is much better now so I can dive back in --in my smaller settings!

@jemimah my grandma used to make granny square lap blankets all the time. When she passed, I inherited much of her yarn and a huge stack of pre-made granny squares. It took me a while to be brave enough to turn it into an afghan as I wasn’t sure on how to combine the squares. I finally completed it a fews ago and made a post on the dead site. I call it my Legacy Afghan and here it is hanging proudly on a quilt rack Mr. Lynx made me from wood from a walnut tree we had to cut down as it was a risk to our house.

@TheMistressT a built in floor to ceiling bookshelf would be the dream for @GeekyBookworm who’s room is the “library” of the house!

6 Likes

Yes! There’s this world map cross stitch I’ve almost gotten supplies for multiple times. I’m afraid I’ll start and never finish it. It’s 14.25 x 21.25 inches and takes an estimated 197 hours. (June Issue of Cross Stitcher Magazine. Pattern by Fiona Crouch)

My second “one-day” project is possibly an inchie quilt!

7 Likes

Right now, my Mt Everest project is this earned ottoman cover. I cut out all the squares about a year and a half ago. I started sewing it up, but some off the squares were cut a little off. I need to seem rip it out now and restart. I really want this cover though. I need to buckle down and do it.

6 Likes