COMPLETE : Miniature Make a Friend Swap S/U Jan 27 to Feb 6 SO March 15, 2021

I feel really old when I refer to past events like the Exxon Valdez oil spill and even the instructional assistants are too young to remember them. :tired_face::sob:

1 Like

I was a kid in Alaska when Exxon Valdez happened!

1 Like

Teaching spelling and grammar :laughing: I often feel like it’s tilting at windmills, at least with my class.
I’d go for art, too, because it’s so different from what I’m teaching - English language and RE.

1 Like

Wow, that sounds like a one of a kind experience! I wish I had been one of your students. One of my friends used to be a self-employed florist. Unfortunately she had to shut up her little shop around the corner. She is studying to become a teacher now. Luckily she still delivers flowers to private customers…

It was so special! If I could do it today we would go camping at all my favorite state parks and do an Indiana natural history tour.

2 Likes

I’d so love that!

either outdoor skills or something in the culinary field…i love watching people do their FIRST thing, especially when they doubt themselves along the way.

1 Like

I could probably teach planner 101. Different types, methods, bullet journaling, different functional or decorative styles, paper weights and advice for using printables, the list could go on. Planner Class 102 would be how to design your own basic printables using InDesign.

Alternatively, I could probably teach a beginner class on app scrapping. (Digital scrapbooking using apps.)

3 Likes

I couldn’t resist so I’m joining in.
To play catch up:

Er, cold I guess. You can always light a fire and pile more blankets, but there’s only so much an AC can do. I prefer 60s to 70s F.

:purple_heart: :+1: :woman_shrugging: :woman_facepalming: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :unamused: :slightly_smiling_face:

Er…I could probably be the one to coordinate the drone show. Is knitting a sport? Or making jam in the summer?

Well, I’m a teacher and a scoutmaster so I get to pick this one all the time. But if it had to be something new, I was supposed to teach a “life skills” group last year that got cancelled last minute, so probably that. It was teenagers learning to do stuff like change a tire, super basic cooking, file taxes, sew a button, etc. I’m hoping I’ll get a chance to do it next year.

3 Likes

Hey all—I realized that I forgot to ask about shipping preferences when I wrote the questionnaire, so please be thinking about your shipping preference, and if you absolutely cannot ship internationally at all, please include that AFTER sign ups end when you send me your lists of who you have NEVER and who you have RARELY swapped with.

We have quite a few international swappers, so this is a great time to consider getting to know one of them!

(If there is someone you are really hoping to be partnered with, but it doesn’t work out in this swap, keep in mind that the Invite Your Partner swap will be hosted soon, as well.)

2 Likes

Today’s question:

If you could eat just one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Tacos/Nachos. Yum.

1 Like

soup. or cookies. its a toss up.

1 Like

I’m also team taco!

2 Likes

You are my spirit “animal.”

We have so much in common. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

That isn’t easy… Chocolate maybe :thinking: or pretzels.

1 Like

What about chocolate covered pretzels?

3 Likes

Absolutely! Or: chocolate cheesecake with pretzel crumble :smile:

2 Likes

Bread and cheese. But only if it’s good bread and cheese. Otherwise tacos sounds good. Or maybe I’m just hungry.

3 Likes

I would have to say curry or strawberries.

As for teaching, it would have to be art.

2 Likes