COMPLETE : Miniature Make a Friend Swap S/U Jan 27 to Feb 6 SO March 15, 2021

What is a go-to comfort food?

Mac and Cheese. No 1!

Oooh, do love mac and cheese :smiley:

But for me it is mashed potato, with lots of butter and topped with grated cheese

1 Like

Anything with cheese in it ā€¦ :cheese: :wine_glass:

1 Like

Definitely stew :stew: especially with lentils

Chili or ham and beans with cornbread. Also cheese. All the cheese.

1 Like

Depends on what I need comforting from. Feeling uncomfortable, cold, sick, I love stew & bread. Feeling sad, stressed, unhappy I want cake and/or chocolate.

Mac & cheese Iā€™ll eat any time. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I canā€™t list cheese as a comfort food because thatā€™s what I always wantā€¦

2 Likes

Well then I am the odd woman out. I donā€™t like cheese, but will tolerate mozzarella and cheese on pizza. My go to comfort food is (chicken and) noodles or pot pies. Mmm. Really, bread carbs.

3 Likes

thatā€™s what i was thinking!! seems girl members, gg and gs leaders are a dime a dozen around these parts!!lolz!!

re: zoom being THE WORST - not so funny story - last night my husbeast participated in his first and only (hopefully so far) zoom meeting with our eldest daughter, who thought it would be a GREAT IDEA to have us all do a zoom call so we could all look at each other instead of all trying to crowd around his computer for facetime as we normally do.
because he wasnt understanding what i was saying about him needing to NOT come in the same room as me for it (youngest daughter and i had been noticing with previous zoom meets w/ GGs that we get weird echo business happening if we are too close and using different devices for the same call) because maybe i was just being a jerk or something of the usualā€¦so he came inā€¦started messing with his settings (because he has no clue how zoom works, but he sure found out how it DOESNT) and proceeded to kill my pc with his mac. it was horrific.

horrid screeching noises out of my computerā€¦then once i turned it on again, it decided to update. then the update didnt take, so it decided to reverse the update. omg. zoom is the worst. esp since it would NOT actually reverse the update. at all. sigh.

re: comfort food - definitely soup. iā€™m partial to either split pea or a tomato lentil.

Oh my goodness. The Zoom screeching is bad enough, but the update that didnā€™t take? Ugh!!

Yesterday I was also on a Zoom that went a little wonky. We had all day teacher training. Some people were doing it from home and some from school. Poor Mr. B, he tries so hard. He is retiring at the end of the year and staying up on technology has been tough for him. Well, he kept accidentally unmuting his mic. After an awkward amount of time hearing him breathing, two people texted me with orders to go down to his room and mute him. I tried to be discreet, but he didnā€™t understand what I was saying at first. I hope no one heard me when I said, ā€œMute your mic! We can all hear you breathing!ā€ I found out later that I wasnā€™t the first person who walked down to his room to mute him. The year of COVID. What a way to end a teaching career!

1 Like

poor guy!! thatā€™s the worst!!

1 Like

Iā€™ve gotten very good at zoom. I average 3 or 4 a day right now. For classes, office hours, trainings, scouts, friendsā€¦

My principal has gotten a lot better, but we made it a rule early on that he makes a techie person a co-host so we can mute him or do the breakout rooms or whatever if he forgets. :laughing:

3 Likes

Zoom committee meetings and Sunday services, Teams meetings, sigh. By yhe end of the week I am friedā€¦so then I do a Zoom craft along. :cheese:

And chicken pot pie, yum

2 Likes

To be honest I think our headmistress isnā€™t doing any zoom meetings with her students due to the reasons that you mentioned. She came out against an LMS because she didnā€™t like the color :rofl:

1 Like

We have a brand new principal this year-ours retired last year. He came from a bigger district than our small rural one, but he has high hopes and is making positive changes. Iā€™m sure being a principal to a new school isnā€™t easy, and especially during a pandemic! We use Google Meets for our synchronous learning. Our students have Chromebooks and I guess there are issues with permissions and Zoom? Not really sure, but Iā€™ve been on the teaching end of the meets and it hasnā€™t been horrible.

2 Likes

Comfort foodā€¦ KFC fried chicken. Dark meat. Original recipe. Mashed potatoes super buttery and salted. Cole slaw. I get sluggish just thinking a out it.

2 Likes

For me comfort food is baked goods, cookies, cakes, squares, etc.

1 Like

Whoā€™s in the Winter Storm/Ice Storm area? If you are, be safe!

Unfortunately, I am in this area and what does this mean for me? Well, sadly, my rescheduled sinus surgery is supposed to be tomorrowā€¦and we are now under an ice storm warning. Doesnā€™t look like that will happen.

4 Likes

Iā€™m a little way away from there, though it has been raining heavily for a few days here in the Bay of Islands. I hope everyone is OK where you are!

Sorry to hear you might have to wait longer for your surgery @Lynx. Hope it gets sorted out quickly!

3 Likes