COMPLETE Mug Rug Swap Gallery

@Noodle, thank you. Here’s a closer look at that shushed sea gull. Silly thing kept flying around and calling untill I shushed it.

12 Likes

What a fabulous gallery!

@Abbeeroad -just love that you used our art journaling “wonky bits” in fabric! Such a signature piece from you with the scrappiness! Just lovely!

@marionberries - wow…you sure do paint with fabrics in such a lovely way! Love the way you did the quilting to give movement…and the purple next to the orange sun is just a stunning combo!

@MistressJennie - It is obvious that you love and do rainbows well! The mug rug is meticulously well done and just lovely to look at!

@Kwality570 --your eye for mixing patterns and color is great! I just love all of the fabric you used to make Jenny a fabulous mug rug!

@photojenn --just love how modern your mug rug looks! It is like a painting…one side is so precise and orderly…the other side is wild and crazy! Fabulous colors!

@gozer – what good fussy cutting! Classic color combo (and one of my absolute favorites!)…well done and cute, cute, cute!

3 Likes

Oh wow, I love all the beautiful colors and patterns and fabrics in this gallery so far! I’m particularly enamored of that shushed seagull! <3

And I just received a beautiful bird mug rug of my own! Check out this great Washington-themed piece of art by @Calabaza!

The front features Washington’s state bird, the goldfinch, as well as an apple, one of our biggest exports!

And the back is made of this wonderful fabric celebrating the whole state!

Thank you SO much, Calabaza! I love all the WA love represented here! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Glad you like it, @roler!

Oh my gosh, that seagull one! :astonished:

3 Likes

Oh, goodness, that apple tree is amazing! I love the idea of getting mug rugs representing the state of the crafter!

3 Likes

State fabric and bird and a delicious apple. Lively and memorable mug rug.

3 Likes

The details in that little bird are amazing! And such precise stitching all around. Perfectly done for roler @Calabaza!

3 Likes

Love the state fabric on the back. I love the apple and bird applique.

3 Likes

Sunday morning action shot!

9 Likes

So cute. Thanks for the action shot!

2 Likes

Get ready for yet another awesome mug rug. This gallery is full of so much talent!
I received my mug rug from @Thimbles and she went with my cats theme. How cute is this? I love this little kitties expression.

I love the way he is perched over the teacup. And I love purple so this is purr-fect! She sent along a card with a sewn cat patch on it. I found it particularly funny that the cat was made of dog fabric. Ha!
Here is an action shot at work. I couldn’t bear to cover the little kitties face.

Thank you so much Thimbles! I absolutely love this and will use it for years to come!

12 Likes

Adorable! I wouldn’t be able to cover the face either. Great stitching @Thimbles!

1 Like

Broke my cuteness meter for the day! I love that little kitty in a cup.

2 Likes

I am going to add to the awesomeness of this gallery…I received my beautiful mug rug from @Bugaboo ! You must have known that I love batiks and hoard/collect them! lol

I am glad you shared some of yours in this mug rug…now I will be reminded daily that I need to use mine up and get more! Thank you…your sewing is just impeccable! Love the stitching on the binding…

Front:

Back, and a new tea to try!

In use…

11 Likes

Beautiful! I love the stitching around the edge @Bugaboo! So often I don’t want to mess up my piecing by stitching all over it! :laughing: This really lets the fabrics sing!

2 Likes

Oooh! @Bugaboo , I particularly love the way you did the binding. That is so pretty. Love all those fabrics and the tone is just divine!

1 Like

My quilting techniques are not quite stellar and when it came out I just didn’t want to interrupt the batiks…like who doesn’t love a good batik??? So I did the multiple rows on the binding for interest instead. I am glad it made its way to you…enjjoy your tea and lovely visions of where each will bring you.

I also received, I need to take pics just in the middle of tearing out carpeting.

3 Likes

OOO yummy. Oh, and the mug rug is awesome. Batiks are so yummy too.

3 Likes

How have I missed so many new gallery pics??! (Start of term… That’s how!)
@Calabaza I love that yours had such thoughtful details on both sides
@Thimbles the kitty is so expressive! And I love the cat from dog fabric - I toyed with doing one for my partner’s cat theme with mouse and fish fabric (ended up going another way, but we are clearly in sync!)
@Bugaboo beautiful fabrics! The design reminds me of tea bag folding, very appropriate :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Here is the amazingness I received from @AIMR !!! She went with the love of turtles in this house and yes my 7 yr old has claimed this as his own!

Its a huge wonderful Turtle!

His shell is made of tiny wee turtles! It reminds me a lot of mythology on Mother Earth springing from the great turtles back

Then the bag is the awesome teeny turtles!

Thank you so much we will treasure it here!

16 Likes