COMPLETE - One Tiny Thing Swap 2020: Sign ups 3/28-04/04. Send Out: 04/27/20

Recovering from making masks. I work full time and my back cries after too long at the machine, so a bit over 3 doz masks this week was a record. And I work full time too.
I keep running out of essentials like elastic or bias tape. Make your own bias tape is time consuming. And if one more man tells me that the masks are not N95 quality, i will stuff one down his throat (with gloves and maks on myself). The health care workers getting these are so grateful. They know it’s not top level, but it’s something and way more than they have. 20 went to a detention center where staff were getting 1 disposable mask per week. Really? So sad.
Anyway, I think I’ve come to the decision on what to make. just have to clear a small space to get started. (fabric piles litter the room). Luckily, it’s OTT!

7 Likes

I keep hearing this too! It’s so frustrating to see someone sit back and criticize.

You are making a difference. Thank you for your work.

5 Likes

Ugh, really? What a useless comment that is to make. A tight fitting mask with even a layer of paper towel inserted can be up to N-90. And for most of us, the point is to keep our potential germs to ourselves & prevent us spreading anything we could unknowingly be carrying. Healthcare workers are literally in the most dangerous environment already & they know it. Anything we can do for them is terrific right now.

3 Likes

Okay, I’ve done as much as I can for now until a final supply arrives in the mail. It’s supposed to come Thursday. So for now I’ll get to work on other swaps!

3 Likes

We have our first sender! (Please note: ZERO pressure for the rest of us. Take the entire crafting time if needed. Your organizer is only now starting to craft!)

2 Likes

Sorry if I made anyone feel pressured. I had a lot of time on my hands, and I needed to finish before I started to get busy unpacking and organizing more stuff from our cross-country move. I also didn’t want the project to get lost in the chaos, so I made sure to send it out as soon as I possibly could. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

After three days of work, it became clear that piece is complete rubbish and needs to be chucked in the bin. Started a completely different piece and so far, so good. Channeling good things here!!!

1 Like

My last supply came a day early, and I finished up my tiny thing tonight! I’m getting it packaged up and ready to go now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh no! I hate that. Failures are frustrating.

I have my OTT planned, but I am sitting behind a pile of masks to finish. But it’s in my head! Doesn’t that count?

3 Likes

My dear partner, I’m also behind a pile of other work. I did not expect to be so busy during this quarantine. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

The first week or so of staying at home was a blissful change for me. I had just come off of a stressful volunteer project and a conflict resolution process that was stalled and going nowhere. And the weather was good, garden time. Then Zoom, volunteer website update scrambles, mask making, and of course I continue to work full time from home involved in transfering all training for a large company into various virtual scenarios…and learning a new product to apply to their systems. Whew.
But it’s been fun too. Helping our church with virtual Sunday services, Zoom singing circles, storytimes, concerts. Integrating a foster cat that was to be a two week commitment and is now a member of the household for the duration.
I love an easy swap…well relatively easy…as I need the creative bump. So I’m bumping along!
This community is a breath of fresh air and definitely a necessary part of my life. I love you all and all crafters.

4 Likes

Totally counts! It needs to be in your head before it can get out of there :wink:

1 Like

I’ve received from @storerboughtcreation! It is the cutest thing. But I’ll be patient and post in the gallery.

2 Likes

Gallery is HERE!

3 Likes

Finally started in on my project today. I was able to get a couple of hours in while my kiddo was doing some online class meetups (strange days!) and I’m pretty happy with it so far. Still a ways to go, but I’ll take a small victory where I can!

3 Likes

I thought I was finished but I left the project on my work table untouched for several days because it felt like something was missing. It cane to me today… I think I know what it needs…

4 Likes

And done! I’m going to attempt to leave the house tomorrow at the crack of dawn in hopes of missing a possible crowd at the PO. People are not social distancing and it’s irritating.

2 Likes

Cathastropic craft fail last night :frowning: I’ll see what I can salvage in daylight, but I might be back at square one.

1 Like

Sent today! Braved the wild world in mask and gloves! I finished all my swaps, and other items I needed to send out and went out in the world. Sunny and bright today. Mowing the lawn later today. Why not?

6 Likes

Oh no! I‘ve been there. I hope it’s not as bad as you fear!

1 Like