Complete - OTT (One Tiny Thing) Secret Pal

lol I got excited and went to the first page to see who all signed up…I thought, hmmm, I don’t know those users, so we must have a lot of newbies…d-oh! lol

8 Likes

Haha!!

I think you meant to say July 17, at midnight EST.

2 Likes

Yes…thanks for catching that!!

I’m thinking of joining, but I am confused about how your partner is kept secret from you. For instance, if I shared my pinterest in my Q, they’d instantly know it was me when they visited my pinterest page. I’ve participated in two different OTT swaps on LC, but neither were secret pal swaps. I really enjoy the OTT swaps :smiley:

1 Like

Previously, we only identified swappers by their aliases (I removed usernames before sending out swap partner information). But you’re right…with pinterest, blogs, etc. it is getting pretty darn impossible to remain secretive.

So for this swap, we’ll being going the more traditional secret pal route. If you’ve ever been part of a secret pal event at work or school, that’s what we’re going for. You will know the real identity of who you’re crafting for, but your recipient will have no idea who is crafting the OTT till later. So yes, you’ll have access to your recipient’s pinterest, etc. for research.

Hope that makes sense! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

1 Like

I just sent in my questionnaire! I’m looking forward to this!

4 Likes

I haven’t done of of these in a long time, I think I’d like to join! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Last day for signups :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Signups closed…working on partner assignments…stay tuned! :smiley:

3 Likes

ORGANIZER ANNOUNCEMENT

Okay swappers! I have sent out all relevant swap questionnaires - you should have received a message letting you know who you’re secretly crafting for.

• Please take a moment to cross check the list of secret pals to make sure you have received the right information. If everything looks good, you’re good to go! If I goofed and sent you the wrong information, please contact me ASAP!
  • During the swap, if you need to communicate with whoever you’re crafting for, send me a message and I will be happy to pass it along.
  • When you’re ready to send, please notify the swap organizer only. I will contact your secret pal to let her know that she should be receiving a package soon!
  • So, when should you reveal your identity to your secret pal? You can choose to do that by including a note (identifying yourself) with the package you send, or you can opt to wait for the big reveal that will take place after all the swap packages have been received.
6 Likes

Partners!

I had completely forgotten that I had sent in my questionnaire. What fun! Now to the best part…secretly stalking.

4 Likes

perfect!!! and i know EXACTLY what i’m making my stalkee!!

4 Likes

lol I know I am going to be so confused by the time of the reveal…lol…we have some very odd pairings…I think we will have some work to do to figure out who is who! This is going to be so much fun!

I love stalking!

6 Likes

Woohoo! Time to start the stalking!

4 Likes

I had to triple check everything before I sent out the swap questionnaires :laughing:

Happy Sunday to all!

6 Likes

Yeah! So excited! Hello, worchestershire, whoever you are! :hugs:

5 Likes

Woo hoo! Partners!

5 Likes

The stalking begins! Now to try really hard not to give myself away!

5 Likes