Complete - Sew Scrappy Swap

Woohoo! I’m so excited to be crafting for @Magpie - I totally know one thing I’m making for her!!

5 Likes

It better not be what I want to make for her…she is getting double trouble from us! ha ha

5 Likes

Lol. I know!! I think my idea is safe but I will check in with you before I officially start. :wink:

3 Likes

Yay! SEW excited!! I had a look though my stash of good fabrics and there are so many I’ve been saving that will be perfect for this swap!

3 Likes

Yay! The best part of organizing is being able to pick your own partner. :wink: I saw photojenn’s questionnaire, had inspiration strike, and immediately tried to partner us up. I look forward to digging through my scrap basket too!

5 Likes

Yay! 2 amazing, wonderful, lovely people for whom I will greatly enjoy crafting.

3 Likes

I thought I would just send you my scrap box…but the requirements said I had to make something… :rofl:

5 Likes

Make a bag for your scrap box, then you can send that? Lol.

OK if I make you a completely useless beautiful object? Or you want something useful? I have ideas for both!
@Abbeeroad, same question…

3 Likes

Since we both sew a lot of functional things, I would rather have something more fun and artsy…something that will remind me of you each time I see it… :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I am down for either! Whatever you are inspired to do will be most welcome.

Actually, I am working on an improv center for the quilt along BOM and feel that I am in desperate need of a thread catcher…

I don’t think there’s a surface in my house that hasn’t been scribbled on. :woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

Oh, sweetie. I can fix that.

3 Likes

@MightyMitochondria and I are listed as partners twice. Does that mean I get to make even more wonderful scrappy things?

Maybe reduce my stash a bit more?

Starting to make up items in my head…

3 Likes

Hahah! You always could make more if you want. If you look at the top of h the list participants are in the first column with partners in the second. Once sent, I’ll update the next columns with date sent and received.

2 Likes

I got inspired after our crafting zoom yesterday, which was hijacked by my daughters. I have one thing 95% done!

Inspiration for larger items keeps shifting. I’m waiting for it to settle before I start.

5 Likes

Ha! Classic. If I had managed to make it on yesterday it would have been the Preschooler Special. Hahaha she’s been quite… attentive.

2 Likes

They mostly painted and enjoyed seeing everyone’s kitties, but it wasn’t what I had planned to do with the time. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I am trying to finish a couple of projects before embarking down the rabbit hole of scrappy things. I just finished repairing a worn lap quilt for my SIL and I have another lap quilt to finish off, top almost done, then sandwich, quilt and bind. Then the fun begins!

4 Likes

I talked to the sewing machine repair guy yesterday, and he said my machine is more badly damaged than first thought, so it’ll be at least another week in the shop while they wait for a part. He said it looked like it had been dropped from about 15 feet height :slightly_frowning_face: It is fixable, though will have some scars.

On the plus side, that helps me make up my mind that I should start on some hand-sewn scrappiness rather than machined precise patchwork :sewing_needle: :thread:

7 Likes

I thought I’d get in the mood for this swap did some scrappy piecing with my niece to do some more sewing with her. But my machine only got this far and has now said it needs to go to a spa. Hopefully a quick service will sort it out.

7 Likes

She did a great job. I love her color choices.

2 Likes