Complete - Sew Scrappy Swap

Love it!

I’ve stalled after my early momentum. I like my idea, but do I love it? :thinking:

3 Likes

I love crafting with kids, they are so free with their inspiration. A good reminder of how to just go with the flow.

I’m stalled too. Mostly because it’s still so messy in the basement & I’m too bagged after work to do anything. It’s coming along at a snail’s pace. I need to get that done so I can focus (& have room to get messy! Lol).

2 Likes

Love the kid scrappy work, start them young!

I’ve started my scrappy piece. I think I like it but I’m really busy right now, (just join a swap and then everything needs to be done now!) but I like the beginnings. So many scrappy options! and so many scraps now spread around the room.

I did find some charm squares from a gift pack that I have always loved and have used in projects along the way. They must be 15 years old. They don’t always work in with other patterns, but I’ve always loved their color and designs. They made me scrap my first designs and redesign. Love the process.

3 Likes

did a couple tiny things that will probably go in the package, but my life (not to mention my craft room) is currently being taking over by the project of making my attic functional. (But!! I have half a floor and most of the joists in for the other half, and then I only need a door before I can start putting boxes in there and then I will have elbow room!!! and it will be much easier to continue crafting when I don’t have to squeeze around a ladder to get to the sewing machine…)

4 Likes

I’ve got one item mostly done and have a rough idea for the second. My sewing area doubles as my husband’s office during the week so the only time I can really sew is at night (bad lighting) or on the weekends. Hoping to make more progress this weekend.

4 Likes

I have loads of notes and just started gathering my scraps from all corners of my house. I think we might need to do this swap multiple times for me to even make a dent.

Plus, I am always tempted to cut into my fat quarters for a piece because of the pattern and color…so is that using scrap or making scrap? ha

I have one important supply I have to find…there was a shortage in the past few years, but I think we are caught up now…

3 Likes

tries to figure out how Linda is going to use TP in a scrappy swap :thinking::joy:

9 Likes

I am more than halfway done with a project. I wasn’t sure about it at first, but now I’m digging it. I am using a charm pack someone gave me. I think the colors are perfect for my partner.

2 Likes

Sounds like both to me! :laughing:

5 Likes

Just putting the final touches on something and I’m OBSESSED with it!

2 Likes

Went to the library to pick up a book I ordered, saw this on the way in.

5 Likes

oh my, beautiful colors and quilting.

1 Like

Very cool!!

1 Like

The bag on the book cover has the most gorgeous textures. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

She is one of my favorites…I have several of her books…very drool worthy stuff.

Plus, her philosophy of wabi sabi meshes with mine…imperfection is part of life. Make it part of art.

2 Likes

@AIMR scroll down, there’s a bag made from scrappy bits of African print fabrics.

I follow her and made this bag from scrappy bits left over from my Aboriginal prints quilt…

posted it last year

8 Likes

That is just lovely.

1 Like

So beautiful!!

1 Like

I just received from @MightyMitochondria. And I am so happy. posting soon. Is the Gallery up?

5 Likes