Decided to “use the good stuff” so I am going through my collection of various fabrics. I had lots of Australian aboriginal designed fabric that I am using to make myself a quilt. Not being enamored of the actual quilting part of quilting, the finished top is sitting in a pile somewhere, to be completed by this summer (maybe!)…
The scraps, however…how could I resist! I followed a tutorial by an awesome sewist to make this frankenbag…the process is simple…take all the pieces and cobble them together to make new fabric. I loved the whole process, so I will be making more!
Here is one of the pieces I put together using the tiniest bit of scraps in some sections! After making these new panels, they are quilted onto some batting. I used an old sheet over the batting as well so the panels are quite sturdy.
I was given some gorgeous embroideries that I wanted to incorporate. They are from Africa, but they felt like they fit the theme. I held on to these for so long…I am glad to finally use them.
I love how you showcased the goat and cow. This bag is gorgeous.
(Linda -2023 is a use the good stuff year! :us:)
I feel a little bad that I mixed African embroidery with Aboriginal designed fabrics but they seemed to meld together. I really didn’t have any suitable African designed fabrics in my stash to go with the embroideries, which I have “saved” for years…now, I at least use the bag at least once a week!