COMPLETE-Teesha Moore Patch OR Adult Merit Badge Swap Signup 5/30-6/7

It definitely isn’t good- and, I just found out that the social studies positions in my grade (6) got cut, so I’ll be teaching 3 classes of science (about 35 kids each), and one of SS. Even if we keep half the kids at home, I’ll still have more than the 10 the state recommends.Hoping for a fiscal miracle over the summer!

I made no progress on my patch this weekend, but I should have some time tomorrow. I’ll hopefully come up with my idea tonight!

Ugh; our school system is not admitting to anything past summer, but my kid can not WAIT to be done with e-learning. (4 more days so far…)

Tried a new twist to a badge pattern that I think worked well.

3 Likes

Exciting! I think I have mine done!

3 Likes

Me too!! Just finished tonight! Now I just have to find something to mail it in… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I made good progress this weekend, and now I’m hiding it away for several days so I can come back to it with fresh eyes. Mmmm, fresh eyes…

You definitely need a miracle with this!! 3 Classes science and one SS? YIKES!

3 Likes

I agree, @craftADDchick has big challenges ahead. It’s a good thing she’s a superstar. People who don’t teach often don’t see the big deal in adding a new course, but it is So.Hard. You have to develop much of the curriculum from scratch and have no previous experience to guide your way. Every single day is a brand new experience. It is exhausting.

I taught two new courses last year, in addition to the others I was already teaching. I also had a really unpleasant mix of students in a couple of classes and some major challenges in my personal life. It was a rough year. craftADDchick needs all the support we can give her. :purple_heart::blue_heart::heart:

3 Likes

Thank you, @MightyMitochondria! I am really hoping that something happens over the summer so that we don’t have to do it. But, if I have to teach a subject besides science, social studies might be the least stressful one (I can make a lot of science connections).

4 Likes

oh dear…I forgot to bookmark this page and have missed a lot of the chatter I love so much!

1 Like

I just have a couple of finishing details to complete; should be mailing within the next day or two.

2 Likes

I mailed mine today. @wittychild gave me fantastic themes to work with, so it was easy to settle on an idea and get crafting. I hope she loves having it as much as I loved making it.

2 Likes

I can preeeeety much 100% guarantee I will, I’m sure! I can’t wait to see what you came up with! I made some decent headway on yours last night and hope it cracks you up as much as it does me.

1 Like

I went through swap questionnaires last night to see what I could come up with for ideas, and I think I may have landed on one or two. I just need to narrow it down :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure I will LOVE it!

i have a super ambitious tm patch in mind. now to figure out just how to execute it!

1 Like

I’ve sketched out an idea for the badge, and this weekend I’m going stash diving!

1 Like

Do we have a gallery yet?

Oopsy! I forgot to make one. We have a gallery now. Post your goodies here:

1 Like

I sent yesterday!

3 Likes

Badge making is off to a good start. I found the two _______ I knew were in my stash and they’re going to decide the scale of the badge. Got started last night and so far it looks as if it’ll work.

2 Likes