COMPLETED 12 Days of Christmas 2022

This is a big swap and commitment, please do not sign up if you cannot commit!

Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: geekgirl
Sign-up date range: from 07/14-07/30
Date to send items by: 11/29/22
Limited to a certain number of people: No

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes

since this is a large commitment I am going to require that all participants have successfully complete at least once swap.

Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: Yes
If within the US, understands that a Tracking number is required for this swap: Yes
If you send internationally, you must keep the receipt you get for shipping the item. The receipt should have information about where the package is going. Photograph or scan the receipt and send it to the organizer and your partner when you report that your package is mailed.

Lettuce Swapping Rules

Details of swap:

The idea of this swap is to craft for your partner 12 (or 6) items based on their interests.
For 12 items you will make 10 small items for days 1-10, for days 11, 12 you will make 2 medium items. For 6 items you will make 4 small items and 2 mediums. Please have a well stocked pinterest (or similar) and be detailed in your questionnaire to help out your partner.

Breakdown:

12 Items or 6 Items (open 1 every other day)
Days 1-10 small (10 small items) or Days 1-8 small (4 small items)
Days 11-12 medium (2 medium items) or Days 10-12 medium (2 medium items)

75% crafted items & 25% store bought.
(extras are optional and are solely up to you and your partner.)

Below are guidelines for size requirements to help everyone.

By Time
-Large = 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Small = 2 or less hours

By Price
-Large = $30 or more
-Medium = $10-$30 dollars
-Small = $10 or less

The Rules:

• each item should be wrapped
  • number each item (1 - 12, with number 1 being the gift to open on 12/14 and number 12 to be opened on 12/25…)
  • If you are only making 6 items then just number 1 - 6 and your partner will open one every other day
  • post each item in the gallery when you open it (or within a day or 2)
  • Extras are optional, but quality is NOT. Please read your partner’s questionnaire and make sure you are sending them something they will like, and not just random things thrown in a box. It’s never fun to receive a thought-less package.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: 12 Days of Christmas
Lettuce Craft username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
If you are in the US, do you agree to send the tracking info to the swap organizer?
If you are not in the US do you agree to take pictures of the receipt and send to the swap organizer
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
Have you successfully completed 1 swap?
Any allergies:
Allergens in your house:

Do you want to make/send extras?
Anything you would positively, absolutely hate to receive?
Colors you like:
Themes you like:
Crafting techniques you like:
Things you like to make:

Below list things you would like to receive. If applicable, include sizes, colors, types of medium, etc.

Do you want to sign up for making/receiving 12 items or 6?
Do you understand that if the numbers don’t work out then if you signed up for 12 items, I may have to assign you 6?

If 12:

• List 3-4 medium items you would ideally like to receive
  • List 10-15 small items you would ideally like to receive

If 6:

• List 3-4 medium items you would ideally like to receive
  • List 5-7 small items you would ideally like to receive

Would you enjoy receiving food items as your gifts? (cookies, candy, etc…)
If yes, please list some of your favorites:

Do you want to receive any Holiday themed items? If so list them here and give details:
Do you have a preference on whether you make holiday themed items or not.

Do you have wrapping preferences or guidelines:

If there are an odd number of participants, are you willing to do one of the following and which ones? take a second partner, be part of a round robin, have 2 partners where you make 6 (or 3) items for partner 1 and 6 (or 3) items for partner 2

Pinterest or other online inspiration:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Participants:

@geekgirl
@GeekyBookworm
@momiemae
@Lynx
@photojenn
@mel
@fluffypants
@Bunny1kenobi
@seeuudee
@Edel

5 Likes

Participants:

@geekgirl
@GeekyBookworm
@momiemae
@Lynx
@photojenn
@mel
@fluffypants
@Bunny1kenobi
@seeuudee
@Edel

Partners:

Participant <-> Participant
geekgirl <–> Geekybookworm
Lynx2Lancer <–> photojenn
Momiemae <–> bunny1
fluffypants <–> mel
Seeuudee <–> Edel
1 Like

Yay! I’ll be signing up!

This is awesome. I have been wanting to do some more substantial crafts lately. I think this would be the push I need!
whew, this is showing me how much I need to clean up my Pinterest boards. ha!

2 Likes

I’ll be sending in my questionnaire to join this one too! I’m glad there’s a long signup period because I want to make sure that my Pinterest is updated and my questionnaire is as complete as I can make it.

2 Likes

I have been working hard on my questionnaire. I know how stressful it can be to get a blank one. LOL!

1 Like

@ geekgirl
I would like to sign up, but still have a week of two of my qualifying time and my 1 successful trade. Would i still have time to sign up after these are completed? Also, what is the Pinterest for?

sent mine!

Hi @Juju - I think that timeline is really tight and doubt that it would work out. The sign ups for this swap end on July 30 so people have lots of time to craft. There will be other swaps! I actually have another smaller Christmas in mind for later on - make a fabric Christmas gift bag and fill it with a couple of crafted items and some store bought stocking stuffers.

The pinterest is so your partner can get an idea of what you like. For example if you list you want a scarf, that could mean a lot of different things but if you have pinterest board for Christmas swap ideas you could pin a few samples of scarves you like.

Also some people don’t mind receiving items not on their questionnaire and their pinterest can give you ideas.

6 Likes

Just sent my questionnaire in! I’m excited to try something new!

2 Likes

Hey @Juju while you wait to be able to swap, why don’t you share some of your creations on the regular boards? We’d love to see what you make and we have a great community!

5 Likes

Where’s all the Christmas swappers at? Looks like we will be having a super small group this year!

4 Likes

Small but mighty!

I’ve been slacking on filling out my Q. Will try to get it in today :slight_smile:

Are most people signing up for 12 days or 6? I’m planning to do 12, it was so much fun last year!

2 Likes

The smaller swap sounds like really fun! I’ve been reading along with this thread but I know I won’t be able to commit to this swap, so it’s good to know there’ll be a smaller swap I could join!

I can’t wait to see what everyone will make for this swap, I’m sure it will be awesome.

2 Likes

I signed up for 12.

1 Like

Apparently I can’t read a calendar because I was thinking the 30th was this Saturday :laughing:

There’s still over a week for sign ups!

3 Likes

I figured you were just really excited to start crafting :joy:

3 Likes

I have been mulling over this and panicked yesterday because I thought the cut off was 20 not 30. Still thinking about my capacity and which size!

2 Likes

I’ve started on my Q and updating my Pinterest. I know how useful it is to have a full questionnaire with lots of ideas, especially for this swap, so it’s taking me a bit. Will find time soon to finish and get it submitted.

2 Likes