COMPLETED: 12 Days of Christmas Swap - Send Out 12/3/21

That’s exciting!!

In other news, supplies arrived and I finished a small - unless I decide to add to it of course.

And, I started another project and made good progress.

3 Likes

Ooohhhhhh where???

2 Likes

How is tomorrow already November?! It feels like this swap started a few weeks ago, not almost 3 months ago. It feels like the last few months have flown by to me. I can start listening to Christmas music tomorrow and only be slightly weird for it. Yay! :crazy_face: :joy:

2 Likes

Hi! Silly little request: would it be OK to put the sendout date in the subject line? Having that little reminder pop up whenever I visit the site is helpful for me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Grrr, November birthday person!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know my twins and partner are November bdays as well and my youngest of the oldest will be 25 on New Years eve. He always had people doing the combined here’s your birthday/christmas present so we named it Merry Birchristmaka! Its become running family joke!

1 Like

It just says “in transit with airline - in Ireland” … not a lot of detail … but optimistic :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

done!

4 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

there are good days and bad days! when I can I try not to use the finger at all. I’ve gotten pretty good at mousing with my middle finger. Well, I’m pretty proficient with my middle finger anyway lol.

I was trying to hold off until my next dr visit in a month.
I just try not to do too much at once and I am about 83% done.

@Amfkinney how is the leg? hope it’s healing fast!

6 Likes

I don’t know if I’m laughing more about the middle finger proficiency or the “about” before an exact percentage :joy:

5 Likes

I’m waiting on a supply for a large and it’s ironically stuck in a FedEx facility in Indianapolis, no delivery date scheduled. 🤦 Working on a small while I wait.

Oh no! To add to the irony, I have to go back to Indy in a few weeks.

I’m going to lose a week of crafting time so my plan is to work strategically on the items that I can’t take with me. Thankfully, one of the larges is something that will travel well.

1 Like

Still working away on crafting. Trying something new.

1 Like

I made lots of progress this weekend and hope to have my other large done by this weekend.

1 Like

Still plugging away at one of the larges…it’s the one that travels well. It’s a pretty cool ________ of the _________ from ____ _____ done in _____ _____. I think it’ll look pretty cool but I underestimated the amount of time it would take to make. :flushed: My plan is to work on it a little every day and then take it to Indy with me. I am pretty confident I have plenty of time and I’m willing to pull a few late nights to finish it. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I’m done with all of the smalls, most of the mediums, and part of the larges. I’m hoping to have the bulk of the remaining crafting done by the end of the weekend.

2 Likes

Thanks for asking about the leg. I am almost at the 5 week mark. At 6 weeks I go for a recheck, hoping for good news.

5 Likes

Strategic plan to finish everything in time has been implemented. I have the remaining mediums started and have made good progress on them this afternoon. I’ll work on them all a little tonight after dinner. I should be able to finish them all tomorrow. Tomorrow is also devoted to finishing up all but one small.

That’ll leave:

• 1 large - supplies due to arrive in a week

• 1 large - still working on it and will take to Indy

• 1 small - need to visit the hardware store

2 Likes

finished a few smalls last week and my last medium…working on some more smalls today…need to ________ and then _________ the 2nd large that has been done for AGES…________ the other large and its finally dry!!! super nervous on the colours, but whats a swap without at least a little/lot of cratfxiety?

if i get home from work at a decent time tomorrow i am hoping to gather all of the stuff i have strewn about and do a proper count on what i have going on and maybe start wrapping some of these bad boys!!

another part i am quite anxious about is the potential for my partner to end up paying duty on said package, even though its a gift. i really dont know WHAT to put the value at for a swap of this intensity. how do the rest of you handle the customs forms for large international swaps? its been ages since i’ve done something of this magnitude. normally i super lowball my packages,since its not a big deal (well, it IS, but still…) if i have to resend or whatever if something happens to the smaller packages, but i def want insurance on this one.

3 Likes