COMPLETED: 12 Days of Christmas Swap - Send Out 12/3/21

We got those chocolate covered cherry cordials. They are still my favorite.

2 Likes

I canā€™t think of any treats we used to get around Christmas time other than candy canes.

On a separate note, I LOVE orange slices! Not counting chocolate bars, theyā€™re the only candy I still buy occasionally as an adult (they like to hop in my cart when Iā€™m waiting in the checkout line at Joannā€™s).

1 Like

Candy canes is the only store bought one I remember, Iā€™m still quite partial to them.

My mother and aunt (twins) were amazing cooks, so many of the special Christmas treats I remember were homemade - including handmade toffees, dipped peppermint chocolates and other handmade chocolates, dark fruitcakes, etc. I still remember pulling toffee with my aunt one Christmas :heart:

I think I have a few of their old recipe books, so if I want nostalgic Christmas food, I guess Iā€™ll just have to make it myself :grinning:

4 Likes

Sugar cookies are something I always associate with Christmas. I especially love the little jingle bells sugar cookies you can sometimes find sold in a bag around Christmas. Candy canes are another, though Iā€™ll eat regular peppermint candies year round, so only the shape is different there.

1 Like

I canā€™t think of anything specific to Christmastime.

The orange slices and peppermint bark. Oh! cut candy, you know the kind your granny had that stuck together in one ball? I love that stuff along with ribbon candy. Iā€™m old!

3 Likes

The chocolate orange slices and candy canes here as well. Also advent calendars; the inexpensive cardboard kind with chocolates for the treats. Which I suppose is pretty much a Christmas time only treat by design but still.

I just started my first large! XD It will take a while, but Iā€™m making good progress already!

Also, yeah, I think the only store bought things we got exclusively for Christmas were those paper and chocolate advent calendars.

3 Likes

Once I finish the project Iā€™m working on, I will be done with all of my items and I can wrap up and date. :hearts: I will wait to send.

4 Likes

iā€™d say im not THAT old, but clementines were a big deal in our house when we were young at christmas since that was the only time they were around in the grocery stores up north. but mostly it was just gmaā€™s christmas cookies.

dadā€™s house though, he usually had turtles and toffifee.

3 Likes

I donā€™t recall any store bought treats specific to the holidays, any of them! We are a cook from scratch family an day maternal grandfather was a wholesale butcher. I guess the closest would be a very large Italian antipasto, you fill it with anything red, white, green for the Italian flag. So lots of cured olives, tomatoes, dill root, cheeses etc

I am working on a large I just need to clean some more of the craft room to like finish this large LOL

2 Likes

almost 75% done my second large!!! then its on to the mediums!!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been making good progress, should be on track to send nice and early!

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to have to send in two packages. My last two items would not fit into the first box. But Iā€™ll wait until late November to mail.

2 Likes

I got a couple of things done, completely botched another. I need to go buy some supplies.

Iā€™ve made half a thing and about 1/3rd of another, bought some bits and pieces. Planned another, well kinda!!
Iā€™ve been updating my list of ideas as well!

Had to some frogging so slower progress than I would like!

1 Like

How are you guys deciding on what order to number your gifts? Five of my twelve items qualify for large. Four more qualify for medium. Itā€™s so hard to decide what order to number for opening each day.

@storerboughtcreation I usually save the ones I am most excited for them to open as the later numbers if I donā€™t have a clear cut line between my mediums/larges.

Everyone - If you havenā€™t checked in lately, please do so now and let us know how you are doing!

4 Likes

I was able to make some progress this weekend on 3 different items so now I feel less behind schedule. I still have finishing touches to do on a few and still need to finalize plans for a few others. I think Iā€™m about half done at this point. Iā€™m having so much fun with this swap but need to stop coming up with new ideas that I want to make every day :joy:

Sorry, I am completely swamped with school and life right at them moment. Crafting is going slow but itā€™s good.

3 Likes