COMPLETED: Creature Comfort Stuffie Swap SU:July 30 - Aug 10 SO:September 11th

Whew, 115 degrees. Our heat wave…days over 90 and high humidity broke on Saturday, blessed coolness, still humid, but actual rain today.
I got started on a little comfort creature and it is coming along very well. I may need make one for me!
I’m mailing to Canada and between th US mail situation and Canada’s it may arrive by 2021. So I better get it finished!

Teaser…

Teaser

4 Likes

Ok! Got my supplies delivered today, very happy. Now I have to ponder a color choice and then I can start crafting. My plans have me giggling, very happy to work on this swap. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

My tool also arrived! I think I’m going to try to finish my other swaps first, since I’m already well into my hoop, and the magnet due date is earlier, but I’ll be all ready to dive into this project after that! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I got about 90% of the way done with my first attempt and I am not happy with it, so I’m going to plan B. I think this one will be better.

3 Likes

Same here. And I still am not sure what I want to do. I mean, I know what…but the how. I have a feeling I’m gonna have to pivot my ambitious idea into something more manageable.

3 Likes

I’m still waiting on one supply, should be tomorrow, but I worked on the supplies that I do have last night.

3 Likes

NOBODY FEEL BAD: I have successfully completed my stuffie! And my kids have declared it adorable. :blush:

9 Likes

Oh my goodness! So speedy!! And yay adorable!! :smile::heart:

2 Likes

Patterns purchased. I work tonight but plan to pick up supplies tomorrow morning and get started!

3 Likes

I’m doing the opposite of you – I got this one done and now I’m focused on my other swap! :slight_smile: I do hope you’ll love it when it comes time to rehome him!

2 Likes

I am done too, but then I has to go on vacation. I have priorities. It’s a short vacation and I hope to get it mailed next week. It is adorable and needs lots of hugs before it can fly off…all with proper masking of course.) And since the mail is so slow, it will probably get the proper 3 days or more of quarantine for inanimate objects we are virus free, lucky us.

I have two more swaps to move forward. One is partly done and the other is in concept stage. Fun times.

4 Likes

I’ve got the bits I’ve ordered and next week I have at least 3 days off work (hopefully 4) so I’ll be working on this swap then :slight_smile: I can’t wait to get started :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you to everyone who is checking in regularly! It makes Organizing so much easier. Much appreciated. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I finally got my last supply in and can start construction this weekend. I can’t wait. I am so excited to see this completed! I hope it reaches my expectations. :flushed:

3 Likes

I finished last night! I’m not sure when I’ll be able to make it to the post office. I’ll let you guys know when I do :blush:

4 Likes

I am still letting ideas simmer… :yum:

5 Likes

Eeps! I better get in gear. I already have most of it cut out. Tonight is the night the thread gets introduced to it. :grin:

3 Likes

I’m feeling encouraged; I think I may have discovered a way to make an abstract idea into a representational creature!

6 Likes

I got so much done on my package yesterday! I can’t wait to finish up and send. Just looking at it puts me in a good mood. I hope it can work it’s magic on @storerboughtcreation too. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Bought most of my supplies over the weekend but they were out of a pretty essential thing that I had to order from Amazon, it should be here tomorrow and then I can get started. Fortunately I work pretty quickly, so even though I have two partners it shouldn’t take me long. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Waiting on some friend feedback on the modifications I made to body attempt #1. The first attempt came out very… lanky, and that is not the look I need. :joy: I’m gonna have to post some pics after my partner receives cause they’re a riot.

8 Likes