Completed Cryptozoology Swap Rnd 2 Due May 25

What a nice surprise to log in and see partners. I was so focused on tomorrow that I missed the earlier notification that younwere closing up shop at noon. Woo hoo!!!

2 Likes

So for some reason JC I read your message and gozer’s and swapped them in my brain, and thought you were saying you’d sent your package. And I thought damn, the message right after the organizer announces partners? That’s got to be a record! LOL!

3 Likes

That would genuinely be a crafting miracle, alright. Especially considering my bent towards endless indecision!

2 Likes

Hi partner! I’ve got lots of ideas! rubs hands together with glee

Also, I was doing some very important research and stumbled across this page:
https://www.lifeapocalypse.com/cryptid-aquatics
The Hudson River has a cryptid too!?!?

4 Likes

I find the huge snapping turtles horrifying.

Oh I’m already getting some ideas! I’m really excited to get this going!

1 Like

I have a new favourite, the tatzelwurm. That is a scary kitty!

Stolas is more a demon but I’m going to count him anyhow because who doesn’t love a terrifying owl king?

4 Likes

I watched the Bob’s Burgers episode where Louise tries to find the sea monster at Wonder Wharf, Wharfie, while I worked on one item yesterday. It is such a cute episode.

1 Like

I am technically done with this swap, but i am waiting for a small extra I ordered to come in. I took a mini-stacation over the Easter holiday and crafted and cleaned carpets. It was wonderful.

3 Likes

Wow, so I am definitely not done. But I know what I’m making!

2 Likes

I haven’t started yet but I know exactly what I intend to make.I can’t wait to get started.

3 Likes

I’m still in trying to decide mode. :grin:

2 Likes

I have a concept, but no idea on the execution. I’m forced to wait on starting because my craft supplies are currently behind the entire contents of our master bedroom closet, as we re-build the storage in there and paint. We’ll hopefully have the whole thing put together by this weekend. The good news is the floor of the closet is now a delicious navy blue… maybe once it’s dry, I’ll need to pencil in a Nessie in a corner for the next owner? :wink:

3 Likes

I’m not in this swap, but I listened to a good audiobook called The World of Lore, Volume 1: Monstrous Creatures, By: Aaron Mahnke, some of you might like it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been dealing with some sinus infection fun so I am just getting started on my crafting today. But I am super excited! I had some thoughts pretty much right away so now I just need to get them worked out!

2 Likes

I love this idea! So cute!

Okay, the holidays are over, so I am going to issue our first Check-In Question:

What is your favorite book, movie, or TV show that features a Cryptid or Cryptids?

3 Likes

Supernatural. It is very hit and miss at times, especially in later seasons, but they show a lot of Cryptids and monsters I’d never heard of before.

3 Likes

I am not a fan of ghost and haunting reality shows, which all too often get lumped in with Cryptids, but I do love when Discovery does specials. I also love Strange Evidence and UnXplained when they highlight cryptids. MonsterQuest was a great show.
I also love the books by Hazy Dell, the artwork is so cute. And I have several Cryptid encyclopedias.

4 Likes

X-Files! We rewatched the series last year. That show is just as creepy as I remember it.

4 Likes

I almost forgot! Harry and the Hendersons. I haven’t watched it since I was a kid, but I loved that movie.

2 Likes