COMPLETED: Holiday Present Swap - S/U: 7/29-8/14 - S/O 11/6

My family didn’t have much money, and we were thankfully sponsored by someone (a chuch family, I think), so nothing the same every year that I can remember. My mom would get us a few things and we always got to open one the day before Christmas.

1 Like

ditto.

I’ve had my eye on Reddit Secret Santa - do you like it? I keep changing my mind.

2 Likes

I like it a lot. I may even buy elves this year. Fingers crossed…I hope I get Bill Gates as my secret santa if I do! His gifts always make the news.

Yes, I’ve seen he does. It would be so strange, wouldn’t it?

What is buying elves? Is this something I need?

1 Like

Basically you are paying for a super premium gifts and they give trophies and stuff.

1 Like

Oh yes, I did read about this! I would buy a membership if I participated.

I don’t think there was a regular gift that was given every year.

As for crafting I have had a good start on a couple of items.

We always got an orange and loose nuts in the shell - walnuts, pecans, Brazil nuts.

1 Like

We always got a giant homemade Hershey kiss in our stocking from santa. And my dad, every year, would get me a Calvin and Hobbes comic strip book. I still have all of them and my kids and I love reading them together!

3 Likes

My items arrived, and they will be perfect for one project! And a base complete for another! Woot!

Unexpectedly I found a wishlist item I figured would never happen, but there they were!

It’s nice to be thinking cooler thoughts. Seems like the humidity is lingering like a bad habit.

1 Like

Question: A gift received every year

As a kid, we didn’t have much money and never had traditional gifts each year. My German grandmother sometimes sent German Alpine milk chocolate for holidays, but this was rare.

As an adult, I try to do a large “wish” item for friends and family and then stocking stuffers. I save hotel soaps and shampoos for the nieces because they like the tiny bottles. I save art and school supplies for a donation at work (I’m a QIDP who works with adults with intellectual disabilities). I like to buy long john underwear and warm essentials for the fiance. And I make small ornaments for coworkers each year.

1 Like

I’ve been making some progress on one item, but I’m having a hard time narrowing down ideas. There are just too many things I want to make!

1 Like

I do not hate this! Also, AGREE!

I am making slow progress.

1 Like

Same as @momiemae … slow going for me here (although I have started :wink: )

I have a few other swaps I want to finish off first before I work on this one.

1 Like

Got one item done!

1 Like

The supplies I ordered arrived today and I can now check my first small off my list!

1 Like

I am nearing completion with the large item. It’s been fun working on it, and so much time has gone into it. I love the way it has turned out!

3 Likes

I have one medium done and I’m working on a large right now for one of my partners. This has turned out to be such a great swap for me. It had been so long since I’ve done a large swap that I forgot how much fun they are. I’m still having a hard time figuring out how to narrow down ideas for smalls, but I’ll get there!

2 Likes

Gah!! I’m so excited! The plotting this round has been double exciting, because I get to plan with others - which is completely new to me!

2 Likes