COMPLETED: Holiday Present Swap - S/U: 7/29-8/14 - S/O 11/6

I have lists!! Solid lists! Woot!

1 Like

I know what my plan is for 4/7 things. Thankfully they are the larger items so I was able to get started on the large item tonight. My partner and I have very different styles, but Iā€™m very excited to test my skill set and try new things. Loving the ideas that I have come up with!! Now off to say hello to my swap partner in a PM for an introduction.

1 Like

I know I just wrote you but Iā€™ve got an idea for a significant piece and the simmering in my mind is starting to smell wonderful. I need to raid my stash and see what Iā€™ve got hidden in dark corners. (Really though, we move in a year and a half ago and I still have studio boxes that Iā€™ve not unpacked.) lol

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been making some lists from the questionnaires. Now just to narrow them down a little more!

2 Likes

I moved in last October and am still sorting and organising my craft studio :wink:

1 Like

So excited for this swap!! I had no internet for a week so now I am in it to win it! Lol. Stalking away!

1 Like

Iā€™ve finished up a few things and am ready to jump into this swap!

I worked a bit last night on one of my large items. Iā€™m pretty happy with how itā€™s turning out so far! Itā€™s like a soft cloud of happiness. :slight_smile: I need to focus on some other swap stuff thatā€™s more pressing and due earlier, but I couldnā€™t resist starting it.

2 Likes

Finishing up a couple other swaps, then diving into this one!

1 Like

I ordered the things for one - CHECK!

And can start work on the others. Word.

1 Like

I have one small done! My list is nearly complete. Still need to decide on a medium.

1 Like

I have not started this swap yet. need to get a couple smaller swaps out of the way first. but I have have my list planned and I am really excited and want to get started already!

Question time!
When you were a kid was there a gift that you received every year?
For us we all got a brand new coloring book and crayons every Christmas. I still love to color! and have a whole stack of adult coloring books. Although now I almost exclusively color with gel pens.

I mean who couldnā€™t love a gift that is a soft cloud of happiness?

Not really, but as an adult I do appreciate the practical gift (low profile ankle socks, anyone?). And I love to buy my favorite items and give them to others (my fave chappy or face scrub).

Oh! I lied! My granny used to send the tin can of Christmas candies! Peanut flavored, ribbon, berry-shaped-stuffed! You know! Those were nice.

Coloring books are money, gg! Iā€™ve never tried coloring with gel pens. Do they leave lines in the ink?

Not me! Tee-hee!

depends on the gel pens and depends on how big of an area you are coloring. I donā€™t like big blank spaces so I tend to get coloring books with small areas to color.

1 Like

I canā€™t remember getting the same thing every year. My most memorable childhood Christmas stocking gift was a gummy rat. It was about the size of my hand at the time and absolutely disgusting tasting, but I remember thinking it was sooo cool. I kept it in the package for a long time so I could show it to everyone.

2 Likes

For a couple of years there I received a National Audubon Society Field Guide from my dad for Christmas then also on my birthday (which falls about a week later). This was the only regular gift I received. It only happened for a couple of years but now, thirty years later, I still have them.

I remember I always got an orange in my stocking. Not sure why and I doubt I ever even ate it. Candy took priority!

My grandma always sent a box of treats and it included the same things every yearā€¦ Fudge, sugar cookies, caramel popcorn, and chex mix.

2 Likes

Several of my coworkers gift varying bags of cereal mixes starting around Halloween. Itā€™s great to get the different varieties without having to purchase the 9mx ingredients!

We got lots of candy in our stockings. I loved it. I donā€™t really get gifts anymore so I do swaps instead. I also do Reddit secret santa.