COMPLETED - LC Grab Bag Swap - July - Sign ups until July 15th. Send out July 22nd

This swap is finally starting!

The Lettuce Craft Grab Bag Swap is a random swap were we will be sending two small items to a mystery partner. One item should start with an “L” the other a “C”. You can get creative with the interpretations. Send your partner a note to let them know how you assigned them.

It’s easy-peasy, no stress, no stalking. Just make something you would like to receive. It’s completely random and it’s only two small items!

Sign-ups will be until July 15th. Send out July 22nd.

Questionnaire:

User Name:
Email Address:
Mailing address, including the country:
Are you willing to ship to a country that is not your own?
One or two partners?
Do you have any allergies?
Any allergies inside your home?

8 Likes

Reserved for Partners:
@gozer
@endymion
@Bunny1kenobi
@Lynx
@Fonduie
@monstersmiles
@kittykill
@Cindy
@megwell
@geekgirl
@bluebird
@Kwality570

Yay! I’m so excited about this one. A couple of questions:

1. Just one partner, or multiple?
  2. Are we supposed to try to keep it a mystery forever, or do we reveal ourselves when our partner receives? (Assuming it’s the latter, but just want to make sure.)
    Can’t wait!
2 Likes

Hurray! I have my items ready! I was very creative with one interpretation.

2 Likes

I have been contemplating L and C items for a while now and I’m still not sure what to make! Hopefully something will come to me…

4 Likes

Hmmm. I had all of this set up at work and had to kind of wing it due to the site being down. I will say one or two partners and update the questionnaire.

Keep it a secret. I will only send real names and addresses out.

2 Likes

Did I remember reading that we should have the items ready to go when we sign up for the swap?

1 Like

Yes. In theory, your items should already be done. Thats why the shipping date is only one week. Very short, but gives people time to get to the Post Office. You’re not crafting off your partners preferences so go ahead and create! Hence, the grab bag.

5 Likes

Gonna be funnnn!

4 Likes

I don’t have time to squeeze this one in, but it sounds so fun. Given the grab bag style, maybe this could be a frequent (but not necessarily regular) swap? Like every so often its just ‘grab bag swap’ time!

We all sometimes want to make SOMETHING but not sure what, so L/C items could be our go to inspiration then we’d have a stash ready to go. :grinning:

Maybe that’s just me because I’m missing out. :confused:

7 Likes

I was thinking of this, but using different initials to craft by or a theme (like stocking stuffers). We will see how this round goes and work from there.

5 Likes

I’m glad you said that, cuz I was thinking it. Kinda like a “random letter generator” or something. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Remember you have flexibility!
I generally go with adjectives, like “little” or “cute”. If you think about it long enough, you can make most any item fit most any letter, LOL

5 Likes

Light blue, light green, colors can work too.

5 Likes

Ooooh, a whole bunch of new possibilities! :blush:

4 Likes

did i understand this well: you make 2 crafts one of which the name starts with a L another with a C and it can be anything you like ?

3 Likes

Yes.
Two small items. You are not crafting to a partners questionnaire, its a complete grab bag on what you get!

2 Likes

Ive had the question, and I said okay, if you can fit it in an envelope you can sent it wothout tracking. Just make sure your meeting the requirements. And you will have to resend if your partner doesnt receive. If you send with tracking you are covered.

4 Likes

Everyone that wants to go that round will want to make sure your envelope isn’t over 1/4" thick or rigid. Otherwise, it will count as a package and end up with postage due in the recipient’s mailbox! That’s happened to me before with swap packages and I had to go all the way into the post office during their open hours of 9-5 (exactly my work hours) and pay extra. Just an FYI.

2 Likes

Thanks for mentioning that, @Kwality570. I know I myself have not been paying a lot of attention to that. I hope if anyone ever receives something from me (in ANY swap) that has postage due, that they’ll let me know so I can do things different next time…

3 Likes