Completed - Masterboard Swap ~ Send by August 17

Yes! :100:%

Iā€™ve only ever made about three masterboards that I didnā€™t like (and I just cut them up to start new ones :wink:) They are magical things! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Officially welcoming @geekgirl and @photojenn to the swap :partying_face:

5 Likes

Iā€™m considering it as well, and I havenā€™t even made one yet!
yikes
:smiley:

4 Likes

Seriously. I cringe at the boards I sent out in the last round of this a couple of years ago, but everyone was super gracious about them. (Side note: Partners from that swap, I promise I have improved since then :laughing:.)

Devilā€™s advocate: Are they definitely opening early in the round? If not, one U.S. partner, send early, spot open :smiling_imp: . . .

4 Likes

I dunno, I dunnoā€¦such enablers here!

4 Likes

Just trying to help you explore ways you might be able to get everything you want :wink:. Worst case scenario, we see you next round.

ETA: And lest anyone think Iā€™m just sitting here trying to push people into this swap, Iā€™ve officially put my questionnaire where my, uh, keyboard is? Whatever, I sent it in.

5 Likes

Welcome @megwell :partying_face:

@kayrun come join the fun! You know you want to :wink:

1 Like

Hey guys! I just have to get something off my chest, so get ready for an ear full (eye full?) :laughing:

I started this as a response to @megwell but it holds true for anyone/everyone (and quickly evolved to a message for everyone)

I canā€™t remember who I received from on the old site but I do remember liking everything I got and saw in the gallery so donā€™t feel down about anything you sent before! And we are ALL improving :slight_smile: I 100% wouldnā€™t be the crafter I am today without swaps and this community.

I will not tolerate gatekeeping. Nope, not here. I do not care if you send your first masterboard or your thousandth. As long as you do the best that you can do! Everyone is welcome to join and I want to openly encourage anyone sitting on the fence. We support each other, we help each other, and we inspire each other. Thatā€™s it. Period.

And if you happen to have an issue with that you can message me privately and I will partner you with someone in your experience range.

But seriously, masterboards are a wonderful, magical beautiful thing! No matter how ā€œbeginnerā€ you think you are, masterboards are a great place to start! Becauseā€¦, guess what?? The person that receives them gets to do whatever they want with them! Cut them up, cover the less desirable parts, enhance and bring focus to the best parts! Masterboards are magic! Iā€™m still just past ā€œbeginnerā€ and I know I have so much farther to go! But I LOVE them!!! I love all of them :heart:

So end of tangent :innocent: Join if you want, stalk if you prefer, but this is a safe craft space!

~The End

14 Likes

Thank you, well said. And a positive outlook for us all! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Newbees and oldbees! :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, this!

And also, after you have done your best and sent, try to remember that your partners get to have their own opinions that have nothing to do with your swap anxiety. Everyone has the temptation to jump in and apologize for the things they werenā€™t happy with sometimes, but ultimately once you send itā€™s not yours anymore, and if you donā€™t point out the ā€œproblemsā€ with it, your partners are unlikely to see them that way. Try to see past youā€™s work the same way you would someone elseā€™s and be inspired to try something better next time instead of regretting the thing you already finished. :green_heart:

5 Likes

ā€œOldbeesā€ has me cracking up this morning :joy:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s me!

2 Likes

OK, Iā€™m in!

4 Likes

Welcome @Renstar :partying_face:

3 Likes

This is an excellent point; I wouldnā€™t tolerate gatekeeping of anyone else, so I shouldnā€™t impose it on myself.

Iā€™ve never thought of it this way, but youā€™re right. At that point what I think of it doesnā€™t really matter.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve also got FOMO about this one, but Iā€™ve offered to host two swaps, and have a shortlist of at least seven others - and with the slow international mail I just canā€™t this time. Will be watching your beautiful gallery though!

And, such wise words about everyone being welcome and all the art being appreciated! I feel the same way about the 4x6 art swap - everyoneā€™s creativity is treasured, and we all just get better by doing and sharing and encouraging. If I feel anxious about something I sent, I try to ask myself how I feel when I receive something someone made for me - and I always love and appreciate it, especially if the sender has stretched themselves and tried something new!

7 Likes

This is absolutely tempting :relaxed: Weā€™re coming back home on Monday so Iā€™ll probably send in my questionnaire very last minuteā€¦ if I donā€™t get cold feet.

2 Likes

You can do it!
Iā€™m about ready to sign up, now that Iā€™ve looked at @Magpie 's tutorial and I see that I can use watercolors for this project, I think I will give it a shot!
I hope my juvenile watercolor set will be adequate!
Oh, and I just remembered that I bought a set of those colored pencils that you can color & then brush water over them to smearā€¦hmmmmm
I donā€™t have too many art supplies, but these just might do!

2 Likes

Watercolor masterboards is something I havenā€™t tried yet, but I saw one posted once and itā€™s been on my to-do list since! I look forward to the gallery and seeing how they turn out!

1 Like

@Ewulotta put on your warmest pair of socks and jump in! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes