COMPLETED - Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap Gallery

You know, I’m starting to get very, very curious about the original fabric projects that generated some of these mesmerizing little scraps… For example:
For what did you use the Yoga-girl and the umbrella-girl fabric, @pioneer9?
For what did you use the bananas, @Abbeeroad and @tendstowardschaos?
For what did you use the bees, @tendstowardschaos and @MistressJennie?
And for what did you use the fish, @Abbeeroad?
Inquiring minds want to know!

3 Likes

I used the bee fabric in this…

2 Likes

So cute! Guess I should have remembered, because I loved your project and gave it a heart… :joy:

2 Likes

The yoga girl fabric was from a quilt I made for my mom (it was huge… I made a bunch of different blocks incorporating various hobbies and likes of hers… I bought 1/4 and 1/8 yards of a lot of novelty fabrics for that one).

The umbrella fabric was from Connecting Threads… I bought some of the coordinates, too, and I ended up using them in several baby-sized quilts that I think I ended up donating.

2 Likes

Oh, that place is dangerous :scissors:

2 Likes

The bees are going into a few I-Spy quilts for my grand nephews and some went into my giant scrappy quilt…and, I just really like bees. The banana fabric went into this:

2 Likes

Check out this awesome selection from @tendstowardschaos!

And the awesome window card!

Thank you :smiley:

9 Likes

Received my scrappy envelope from @MistressJennie today! Thank you!

6 Likes

Oh, those are cool! I got a fun window card from @tendstowardschaos too, but forgot to take a picture.

2 Likes

Beautiful scraps!

I got another awesome set of happy scraps, this one from @photojenn.

Aren’t they fabulous? I love the hedgehog, the glasses, the owl, the kitchen spoons, the mug…they are all great! And she sent a bonus scrap that is larger that has a cute pincushion and spool. The card that enclosed them was also adorable—the word “Scraps”, with each letter on a separate scrap.

Thanks so much! I love them all and can’t wait to use them!

8 Likes

That hedgehog is adorable!

1 Like

I got envelopes from @endymion, @pioneer9 and @tendstowardschaos . I managed to get one picture before my cell ran out of juice, so I will take them in the morning!

Here are my lovely pieces from @MistressJennie ! Love the Halloween fabrics…I see a cute table top mat in my future! I also LOVE batiks, so those will be used quickly!

Love seeing everyone’s fabrics…how cool to see what was made from them!

8 Likes

This gallery is great, now I know who’s houses I need to visit to raid your fabric stashes :joy:

5 Likes

Fish and bananas were both impulse purchases a long time ago from JoAnns. I made a quilt block (just one) with the bananas but haven’t used the fish yet! They were just stash, not scrap!

3 Likes

Ah, okay. I get it! A few of the fabrics I sent were stash also. I love the fish and the bananas! Thanks for sharing.

lol I bet most of us also snuck in stash fabrics…I tried to mix it up…I had a lot from prior quilt block swaps as well as samples I ordered that didn’t work for a project…also, I had a lot of prints from mask making…I am going to continue to spend some time between art classes to at least sort more of my scraps…I swear each time I tell myself I will never let it build up, but it happens anyway…lol…that’s ok…

Hey, if anyone comes across cute uses of these 2-1/2 inch pieces, let’s share. I don’t really want to make a big quilt!

4 Likes

Here’s what I got from @Abbeeroad ! She wrote that she struggled to find fabric for me, well, I’m glad I wasn’t the only one! But I do love what she sent me! That fish fabric looks very familiar, I think there’s a bit of that in my hexie quilt. I can’t remember if you participated in the hexie swap or if it came from someone else. The pink one is my favourite but I love that they’re all so cheerful. I also really like the bee fabric even though I normally wouldn’t even look at fabrics in that colour.

I did have a look through my stash for certain things, but I found that if I didn’t have it as scrap it usually wasn’t in my stash either.

7 Likes

I’m planning to make a wall hanging but I was also thinking a tote bag, sewing machine cover, or some pillows could be fun.

4 Likes

This is the block that inspired the idea for the swap. It could make a fun pillow, table runner or wall quilt.

7 Likes