COMPLETED - TM Patch Swap- Winter 2022 (SO March 7, 2022)

I think this???

It would be fun to do a vintage panel swap, but update it in some way. Or repurpose them. I have ideas, and nowhere to go with them.

2 Likes
  1. Those cat slippers are tacky in the most amazing way.
  2. A vintage panel swap!!! I’m in 100%. It would be so fun to put our own twists on those vintage treasures.
    3)I called my mom today and asked her to dig through her fabric stadh for vintage panels. She also agreed that they would make perfect TM patches!
3 Likes

OOO Daisy Kingdom, Portland Oregon had a store and I loved getting bargain stuff to make for my daughter…80’s fun.

2 Likes

Oh, I bet that was so much fun! I wonder who has been down a bigger vintage cut and sew rabbit hole; @JoyfulClover or me? Look what else I found! I completely forgot about the sweatshirt to jacket projects. This would make another amazing patch.

3 Likes

HOLY SMOKES! I was just getting ready to send you this!

I am in love with their whooooole vibe! they are just SO DONE with it all. And I just think, wouldn’t they be fun little snarky patches?

3 Likes

My family lives on the west coast and apparently when they were closing, my mom & siblings WENT BANANAS with their patterns. They have made so many of those giant fru fru dresses with gobs of ruffles over the years.

I’m not generally into it, but I just love these little fabric ladies. AND THEN I had completely forgotten about the Hallmark Holiday panels! or even the animal panels! I found a wreath I just really think has to be mine. They are so retro, I’m in love! But also thinking…how to make them modern? or to reuse them in a different way?

It slays me you know DK, too. It’s such a small little fandom pocket.

1 Like

Bahaha! I love this sassy gal! At least she’s feeling cozy in her sweatshirt jacket. :smile:

1 Like

I just went to my recycled-art-materials store to see if they had some of those vintage panels. I’ve seen some there in the past, but they didn’t have any today.

2 Likes

Oh snap! I didn’t even consider our craft reuse shop!

I absolutely love you went looking for some. MM and I are doing a personal swap, but if someone else is interested in this wild idea, I could post for an actual swap?

But I also appreciate if you were just looking to suppliment the concept and support our excitement.

2 Likes

I’m MM’s swap partner in the Flat-Rate Box Swap. I thought if I could find something, I’d include it in her swap package. Although I do have a panel or two I’ve been thinking of turning into a tote.

2 Likes

That is so kind of you for thinking me me. :heart::heart:

2 Likes

This tickles me to no end! Ha! What fun!

2 Likes