Cool Waters Quilt Top

This quilt top was created for @Edel in the Go Bananas Swap. The pattern is called Cool Waters, and I found it in a magazine called Fons & Porter’s Quilting Quickly from May & June of 2017. It is intended to be created with a jelly roll, or about 40 2.5" strips. Instead I used fabrics from my scrap stash in shades of turquoise, aqua, blue, purple, and pink, which Edel listed as some of her favorites. Some of my strips were the width of fabric, while others were much shorter. I had enough scraps to make the entire top, and one extra block to become a pillow to go with it. You can see the pillow block up at the top left, where it’s resting on the bedside table. There are bits of so many wedding and baby quilts in it.

I love how it came out, and would do the pattern again in a heartbeat. :purple_heart: :two_hearts: :blue_heart:

11 Likes

What a beautiful quilt top! The bit of purple really being out the blues…I could look at the different fabrics in your stash for hours…beautiful stitching as well…your points are fabulous!

1 Like

Mesmerizingly beautiful! Love the color scheme and yes, so well stitched.

1 Like

I adore this. It is so beautiful. Edel is very lucky.

1 Like

I am very lucky! I love everything about this top, they pattern, the colours. The perfectly matched points!!

1 Like

So pretty! Perfect colors, too!

You guys and your quilt tops! Wow!

1 Like

Such beautiful colors and pattern.

1 Like

the colors are absolute perfection! Your piecing is magnificent as well!

1 Like