This is essentially the “muslin” I made for this project so I could test it out before cutting into the leather. I used this cork I had in stash, because it seemed close-enough to leather and would also be a good way to play with cork fabric for the first time.
It turned out to fit our KOBO e-reader just about perfectly, so I decided to go ahead and finish it by adding a snap after I’d finished and sent off the other project.
It also has the belt loop on it, but I have a feeling that’s going to go pretty much unused!
This one is only glued, but I did practice all the hole-punching on it before trying it on the leather piece and maybe I’ll go back and do the saddle stitching some day when I’m looking to wreck my finger tips!