Cork E-reader Wallet

Cork-EreaderPouch06

This is essentially the “muslin” I made for this project so I could test it out before cutting into the leather. I used this cork I had in stash, because it seemed close-enough to leather and would also be a good way to play with cork fabric for the first time.

It turned out to fit our KOBO e-reader just about perfectly, so I decided to go ahead and finish it by adding a snap after I’d finished and sent off the other project.

Cork-EreaderPouch05

It also has the belt loop on it, but I have a feeling that’s going to go pretty much unused! :upside_down_face:

This one is only glued, but I did practice all the hole-punching on it before trying it on the leather piece and maybe I’ll go back and do the saddle stitching some day when I’m looking to wreck my finger tips!

15 Likes

It looks great!

1 Like

Love your use of the cork! Awesome texture that mixes so well with the key embellishment.

1 Like

This turned out really great! Cork looks like an excellent choice!

1 Like

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

That looks marvelous! Do I see silver sparkle or is that just a reflection on whatever binder is holding the cork into sheets?
Did you poke the holes by hand or run the seam allowances through a sewing machine? I have done the former with vinyl to poke even holes for hand sewing.

3 Likes

Thank you!

There’s silver in the material that peeks between the cork pieces.

I bought a set of leather working tools that came with stitching chisels sort of similar to these and used them.

2 Likes

Ah, cool. Do you like the set, would you recommend it? Leather working tools can be tricky, some are great but a lot are meh.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve used enough of them or them enough to say which is one reason I haven’t yet left a rating on the site I ordered them from. Given the price point, I imagine some tools will be better than others and the set did not come with directions or descriptions at all, so some of them I don’t even really know what they are for!

2 Likes

This is cool. I love the cork.

2 Likes

The cork is a great choice

1 Like

Whoa! This is crazy! What a cool idea.

2 Likes