Coyote skelly -Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge

The September theme in the Stitch Along is “From Your Window.”

As I gazed out the window one evening, I spotted a coyote. I really wanted to do an animal skeleton, so…

The background is machine stitched scraps, the coyote a hand stitched mix of fabric, floss, and cotton medical tape.

15 Likes

It’s really fantastic. The coyote, those beads, the scrappiness & that moon!

1 Like

This is lovely! You should totally enter it into the equinox contest.

1 Like

Thanks, but too late; the entry can’t already have its own thread.
I might have entered, but I didn’t read the rules carefully, and saw only the “two parts” section.

Can’t you just change the title seeing as You only just put it up?

1 Like

You’re a schemer after my own heart.

1 Like

I think it’s totally safe to fix the title right after posting! Now tell me about how it’s Equinox-y!

2 Likes

As the days get shorter, the coyotes come yodeling down the hill earlier, until at this perfect moment, I’ve finished cooking and cleaning, and can gaze out the window to see the gang out for a lark.
In the summer, they come too late, in the winter too early.

3 Likes

Every square inch of this wall hanging is AMAZIMG. I love the scrapiness, skeleton, beads, amd color palette. It is just plain awesome.

2 Likes

IT’s just so dang cool and all the cooler because it’s from a real life experience!

2 Likes

My favorite part is all the little dangling beads at the bottom. Very cool!

1 Like

it looks amazing.

1 Like

This is fantastic @steiconi! I love it!

1 Like

This is so beautiful.

1 Like

STUNNING! I especially love the fringe.

1 Like

I love that scrappy background! The skeleton looks really neat! Any chance you can add a close up of it? I’m trying to zoom in to see the details (I mean, it’s made partially out of medical tape, how did you work that magic?). Overall, I love your interpretation of the challenge and the final piece you came up with!

1 Like

Love the background. It’s so colorful, yet still gives the impression of night. Excellent fabric choices. The entire thing is exquisite!

1 Like

Thanks!
I used medical “wound packing tape,” which is made of cotton. Like a coarse ribbon, not sticky tape.
It is flat for the legs, rolled for the spine.

3 Likes

That is such a creative use of the tape! Thank you for the closeup, I love all the details, especially those teeth!

1 Like

Just 2 DAYS more for everyone to enter their own cool project into the Craft The Equinox Challenge!