Craft Stars Garage Sale Fundraiser Information

Please do!

1 Like

How do we donate an item to sell?

2 Likes

@MistressJennie is the contact person. She is offline tonight but she can help you tomorrow.

3 Likes

Despite the enormity of the task organizing this must have been and continues to be, it’s been made very easy to participate!

5 Likes

The platypus is hanging out in our christmas tree. :smiley:

3 Likes

Since there’s been a handful of people asking about donating still, here’s some things you can prepare while waiting for our unfailing @MistressJennie’s return.

We’ll need:
-A brief description of the finished handmade item(s), or the craft supply, you have available, including info like dimensions and materials, and some good digital photos of the piece. The kind of listing you would write for eBay if you were selling it yourself.

-Suggested price for your item. This is a fundraiser so we are looking to hopefully have a range in prices, so folks with differing means can still hopefully buy something, but please don’t sell your work short by underpricing it.

-You would need to be willing and able to ship the item to the recipient within 3 days of the sale, at your own cost. (This is a fundraiser after all, and Jennie trying to pass everyone $5-10 shipping via PayPal would be a big chore with so many participants, so instead we will not charge shipping to the buyer.)

-Your C-ster and Lettuce Craft usernames, so we can list them within the sale listing, so someone could say, ‘Oh look, I totally want to by one of racky’s awesome papercrafts!’

-Each item for sale will need to be sent with a note stating that the purchase price will go towards building a new online forum

11 Likes

Uh-oh! I have failed in sending notes with items I have shipped! If anyone here has purchased one of my donated items, I can send the note via email or real mail if you need it!

3 Likes

Aww, I’m sure it’s ok :slight_smile: That was noted in the original email, but it might have gotten lost as more people asked to join in. @sheepBlue literally just told me the same thing about her packages :wink:

1 Like

:rofl: We’re just trying our best, right?

5 Likes

I didn’t know to do that either - I will do so in future!!

1 Like

The garage sale was awesome and I was happy to contribute - and happy to get a little goodie for myself too. I would love to see more and maybe get a bit more for myself too!

2 Likes

Since we’re showing off our garage sale treasures, here’s mine! Look at this stunning tin from @pottermouth! I love it so much. I can’t imagine the work that went into this beauty. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m also waiting on two other pretties to arrive. I’ll share photos when I receive them.

12 Likes

My first garage sale item showed up before Christmas… one of @sheepblue’s stumpy beetles. :heart: I love these so much. :heart:

9 Likes

How she can transform a humble tin like this blows my mind every time. I love it

2 Likes

@pottermouth posted a tutorial for that very tin. Bet it’s on her blog :blush:

3 Likes

I don’t know, I might want to stay in the dark. The magic is in the mystery. :wink: lol

3 Likes

I gave teenmanboy Jennie’s mini dragon scale dice bag for xmas, he loves it. Jennie’s pretty sari silk crocheted mandalas are under plant pots in our bedroom & Rob’s office.

I wanted so many other things but you blink and they’re gone!
I have many items I 'd like to donate but barely any time to get things ready. I’m hoping the sale will continue on for a while yet, fingers crossed!

9 Likes

I am so glad the garage sale is still up and running I was just able to grab my first item. I wasn’t able to during the holidays

1 Like

Me too. I just snagged myself a beautiful felt brooch that will look mighty lovely on several of my cardigans. Upping my professor game.

4 Likes

Here’s the little cutie I snagged from the garage sale :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: made by @PerfectlyBohemian

11 Likes