Craft Stars Garage Sale Round 2 - Info & Discussion Thread

Oh my goodness, that is STUNNING.

3 Likes

Well one fan is enough :wink:
I will wash it and take some proper pics in daylight. I hope someone else will wear it, I just don’t.

6 Likes

It is gorgeous!

5 Likes

Thank you for organizing this @MistressJennie! Also, thank you for the advanced heads up. I’m excited to see all the items put up for auction.

8 Likes

Are there examples of what was in the last fundraiser? I’m debating what to make.

6 Likes

You can take a look here The items bought and received were posted in that thread.

Jewelry, miniatures, shawls, yarn, fabric, cards, pottery, and so much more!

9 Likes

Thank you! That helped a ton.

6 Likes

What a trip down memory lane! Here it is 4 years later, we are here, and I still have my wonderful treasures!

8 Likes

Oh man, I remember being at a weaving gathering and refreshing eBay constantly for the last like 20 minutes of the auction to make sure I didn’t get outbid :joy:

13 Likes

I’m planning some mini succulent/air plant monster or character planters. Fingers crossed they come together the way I’m hoping!

7 Likes

Thank you for posting that link @wendiek!

4 Likes

That’s amazing! :laughing:

3 Likes

I’ve made four sets of Scrap Naps! for the sale! It was so fun to dig deep into my cotton stash and find fun and funky prints for these sets!

Dino Dots

Fleur Dot Lis

Stripes of All Stripes

What, What?

22 Likes

You’re welcome :orange_heart:

3 Likes

They look cool!

What I loved about the previous round, and what I’m sure will happen this time as well, is that we had items available at so many different price points. It was amazing to see a couple of really intricate things go for $$$, it’s for a good cause, but I also loved that there were cheaper items available as well, and lightweight things that are easier to ship internationally.

I know a few EU people here have struggled with VAT and international mail (such as @Edel think). I know my country is less strict than others so if this is the reason why someone in the EU hesitates to participate, send me a PM and maybe I can help you.

10 Likes

I am going to take a packaged 6-pk to the post office to see what the prices for shipping to a random EU country, Australia, Canada would be, so I can determine if I can afford to let the Scrap Naps! go internationally. I hope so!

8 Likes

Speaking of lower priced items that could be shipped internationally…. I’m planning on listing my extra LC Critters, which I had printed up from Spoonflower for the Midwest Meetup. They are intended to fit in 6” embroidery hoops. I plan on making 1 embroidery bundle with hoops and floss, etc, and listing the rest individually. I should be able to send them in a greeting card.

30 Likes

Smart, maybe I should do that too! After all those years of swapping I’m still surprised by the completely random pricing of international mail. I know in Europe some further away countries are cheaper to send to than some of our neighbouring countries. I think the flat envelope I sent to Australia a while back cost more than sending leg warmers to Texas - it was worth the price though, as it arrived in Australia in record time!

@MistressJennie Wow, those are collector’s items!

7 Likes

For people in the US, Pirate Ship can be cheaper than going to the post office for mailing packages.

6 Likes

I use PayPal shipping…I wonder how it compares? I mailed out 2 pounds for less than $10 to Oregon. I use them for International as well since you can do the customs online.

7 Likes