Craft Stars Garage Sale Fundraiser Information

Info from @MistressJennie, hijacking kittykill’s post…

Craft Stars Garage Sale Fundraiser

In the lead up to Craftster closing, and Lettuce Craft being created, @sheepBlue, @PerfectlyBohemian and I asked if we could help @sweets4ever by organizing a private fundraiser, to help defer some of the costs of building and maintaining the new site. While we started back there in December, due to its continued popularity, we have continued it here. I will plan to keep it running until the end of January.
My cutoff date for accepting donations is January 25th. On February 1, I will de-list all remaining items.

We are accepting hand made items, and high quality craft supplies, in usable quantities*, for the sale.
If you are want to donate, that’s wonderful. Here’s what information is needed:

-A brief description of the item, including dimensions and materials, and some good digital photos of the piece. The kind of listing you would write for eBay if you were selling it yourself.

-Suggested price for your item. This is a fundraiser so we are looking for a range in prices, so folks with differing means can still hopefully buy something, but please don’t sell your work short by underpricing it.

-You would need to be willing and able to ship the item to the recipient within 3 days of the sale, at your own cost, and buying your own postage. This is a fundraiser after all. We have sold over 115 items so far. I simply cannot reimburse everyone for postage via PayPal for each sale.

-Your Craftster/Lettuce Craft username, so I can note it within the sale listing. That way someone could say, ‘Oh look, I totally want to by one of kittykill’s awesome embroidered hoops!’

-Where you are shipping from, city & state or country. AND if you are willing to ship your items internationally. This is not required. Some folks just can’t afford to do so right now, and we respect that.

I know some of you might have 1 or 2 items around, while others might have 30! The current limit is a max of 3 donations at one time. If your items are selling well, I can easily add more listings if you have more you want to donate.

Here’s an example listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264565145395

Please send your donation information and photos to me, via email. To get my email address, just send me a Private Message on LC, asking for it. (Sorry, I don’t want to post it publicly on the page!) If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask me.

FAQ
-How do I find the Garage Sale? The title at the top of this post is a link. Here’s another one:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/jp-gratton/m.html

-‘In usable quantities’ - I mean that a supply should be enough to make something with. For example, if donating yarn, you would want to make sure the buyer had enough to actually make something from it, like as a hat. Meanwhile some materials might be usable in small quantities, such as a bundle of fabric scraps all cut to the size of a Charm Pack.

-I will keep this sale going until the end of January, at which point we will reassess. There is also the possibility I might host one of these again in future. Please do not ask to keep this running indefinitely. It is simply not possible.

-There are other fundraising/maintaining plans that are currently in the planning stages. When there is more concrete information, we will pass it on. (Yes, we do already know about Kickstarter, Patreon, etc. :blush:)

-Yes, you can show off pictures of the items you purchased here in this thread.

-If you wish to contribute funds directly without making an eBay purchase, please send me a PM, asking for information on direct donations. Be sure to include your email address.

-Donating an item to, buying an item from, or donating funds directly, all earn Founding Member Status. sweets4ever is working to add status to members as she can.

-If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
MistressJennie

And now back to kittykill…
I want to thank @MistressJennie, @PerfectlyBohemian and @sheepBlue for putting together the garage sale. I also want to give a huge shout out to all the awesome people who contributed the beautiful items. You have no idea how helpful it has been. I am truly humbled by your generosity. :heart::heart::heart:

32 Likes

This crafting family came into my life when I most needed it so I never hesistated when @MistressJennie asked for help with reining in the ebay sale. :heart::heart::heart: I love y’all!

Also I LOVE how this is a real life STS (hehe).

11 Likes

The sale gave me the courage to offer up my cross stitch. Yeah… I was nervous. It felt so good seeing the pieces going to a good home. Someone who you knew would love it as much as you did.

14 Likes

Here’s the nodsu beaut I snagged.
He really ups the game on my sad indoor holiday wreath.

13 Likes

Since there’s been a handful of people asking about donating still, here’s some things you can prepare while waiting for our unfailing @MistressJennie’s return.

We’ll need:
-A brief description of the finished handmade item(s), or the craft supply, you have available, including info like dimensions and materials, and some good digital photos of the piece. The kind of listing you would write for eBay if you were selling it yourself.

-Suggested price for your item. This is a fundraiser so we are looking to hopefully have a range in prices, so folks with differing means can still hopefully buy something, but please don’t sell your work short by underpricing it.

-You would need to be willing and able to ship the item to the recipient within 3 days of the sale, at your own cost. (This is a fundraiser after all, and Jennie trying to pass everyone $5-10 shipping via PayPal would be a big chore with so many participants, so instead we will not charge shipping to the buyer.)

-Your C-ster and Lettuce Craft usernames, so we can list them within the sale listing, so someone could say, ‘Oh look, I totally want to by one of racky’s awesome papercrafts!’

-Each item for sale will need to be sent with a note stating that the purchase price will go towards building a new online forum

11 Likes

Since we’re showing off our garage sale treasures, here’s mine! Look at this stunning tin from @pottermouth! I love it so much. I can’t imagine the work that went into this beauty. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m also waiting on two other pretties to arrive. I’ll share photos when I receive them.

12 Likes

Here’s the little cutie I snagged from the garage sale :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: made by @PerfectlyBohemian

11 Likes

kittykill, how in the world could you ever be nervous offering up your cross stitch pieces? You are the embroidery QUEEN! :crown:

8 Likes

ok ok. Here’s the goodies I got so far. I’m a monster and have bought several things because they are all so wonderful. Believe me, I wanted to buy so many more things :stuck_out_tongue:

My first couple of purchases were the tiny vase from @Mountains_and_Clouds (the second from the right on the top of this shelf) a surprise extra whee owl from her as well, and the cactus hoopla from @kittykill

Then I got all the sake cups from @Mountains_and_Clouds (I’m a sucker for pottery :P). They live with my other pottery for alcohols (hers are the four whee guys in the front):

Then I bought a set of wand ornaments from @MistressJennie to go with my other Harry Potter ornaments she gave me previously :slight_smile: This tree is going to be a year round decoration in my Hogwarts guest room :smiley:

And this was the one I longed for the longest before my husband went behind my back and had my mother-in-law buy it as a Christmas gift for me! The historic witchy cross-stitch by @kittykill. I haven’t framed it yet but it will also go in my Hogwarts room:

I’m only a little sorry for hoarding all the amazing stuff… but ya know… someone had to buy them :stuck_out_tongue: And I love these pieces all to bits. You guys are all amazing :purple_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart::heart:

14 Likes

Oh snap. I left one out because I didn’t take a picture of it this morning because I already had one from last week - I ALSO got a pack of hand dyed fabric squares from @Abbeeroad in the Garage Sale! They are absolutely gorgeous and I can’t wait to make some lovely crafts with them! My first hope is to incorporate them into a new moth guy sculpture :slight_smile:

14 Likes

EVERYONE! I have edited the first post in this thread, with information on donating to the Garage Sale. Scroll up and check out the info if you are interested in donating.

Please feel free to keep asking questions if they weren’t covered in that post, and to keep posting pics of your Garage Sale treasures here.

12 Likes

So far I got 2 @sheepBlue stumpworks and an altoids koi pond (I might be obsessed, shhhh) and just snatched up an @artsycandice owl face today. I’m loving this auction, there’s so much more I want to grab up!
And after AIMR bought the Nodsu girl, I had to stalk Nodsu…and got my very own! You guys are so creative!
image image

And my pics are sideways right? Can’t figure that one out

11 Likes

Woo hoo! The bag I bought arrived today and it’s even more amazing in person!
Perri from the Little Visitor Swap is posing with it! :grin:

15 Likes

Challenge accepted. :wink:

13 Likes

I have been looking at that covetously since I saw it. It would look divine on my hoopla wall … or … mom’s birthday is coming up. Hmmmm.

ETA: I’ll decide if it’s for me or a gift when it gets here. :smiley:

10 Likes

My package from noodle-bug arrived!! Lovely colours, I think I might use them for some of Sarah Schira’s gnomes (Ravelry).

Will look into the last item from noodle, might buy this as well… unless another Lettuce would like it? :wink:

18 Likes

Garage Sale Notes:
Reminder - If an item you have donated has sold, it must be shipped within 3 business days, preferably with Tracking #'s. Further, you need to let me know you sent, and forward any tracking numbers to me, to input into eBay.

Since I plan to close the Garage Sale on January 31st, the last day I will take eBay donations is January 24th, at noon (Central Time).

Finally, if you notice that I change the titles in PMs you have sent, it’s that my inbox is NUTS with the Garage Sale. Since our new inboxes don’t show a name beside a message, it’s hard to find specific messages when I go looking for them. Meanwhile folks have been titling their PMs very similar things like ‘donation’ which doesn’t help me know if they mean an eBay donation, or a monetary donation. So I’ve been ruthlessly using my Mod powers to change the titles of PMs, to include sender names, and info on what they needed, and whether or not I’ve done whatever task that message requires.

Please know, no one has done anything wrong in titling their messages. I’m just trying to preserve my sanity! :laughing: But if you are writing to ask me for info for the first time, please include your email address.

15 Likes

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, THERE ARE BABY SLOTHS IN THE SALE.

Run. Don’t walk. Obtain all.the.sloths.

7 Likes

The scrappy patchwork one? That’s me! :smiley:

Meanwhile I’m drooling over the Marauders Map bag…

9 Likes

SCORE!

I just bought the HP boxed pouch. :smiley: It will become part of my daughter’s birthday present. (She turns 14 next month. :frowning: )

10 Likes