Craft Stars Garage Sale Round 2 - Info & Discussion Thread

Phrases I’m hearing for the first time. “Aggressive Yarning” almost sounds like a Punk band in the 90’s :joy:

Great tip!

5 Likes

I’ll put lever backs on any earrings made for the sale.

3 Likes

Your designs are all so beautiful! I’m sure any of them will sell well! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s a kind thing to say!

1 Like

Anyone interested in this froggy watercolor I just finished? He’s a bit rough and all I can see are the flaws. But if anyone wants him I’ll put him in the Garage Sale. Finished piece is 5"x7".

17 Likes

Semi-off subject:
Maija Grotell, who taught ceramics at Cranbrook Art Academy, always made her pots rather thick and heavy. My mom had a few of her pots. Years later Toshiko Takaezu (who studied with Maija) came looking to see if I happened to have inherited any of those pots.

Her pots definitely would have been heavy enough for yarn balls!!

Do you have your yarn coming from the inside or the outside of the ball?? I was taught to always have it come from the inside.

2 Likes

What a happy frog!! Certain to brighten someone’s room!! :smiley:

3 Likes

I also like the first set of earrings. :blush:

3 Likes

I would be interested! It would make a great Christmas gift for a friend.
I think many of the goodies here would make lovely gifts. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

The first towel went well so starting a second one :). Not sure they’ll ready in time for the start of the garage sale but they’ll definitely be making an appearance :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Ohhh, so pretty!! Can’t wait to see these.

2 Likes

He’s so cheerful and happy!! :sunny:

2 Likes

Something is shaping up over here this morning… :grin:

@FiredGinkgo :heavy_heart_exclamation:

16 Likes

I’m going to be so broke after the garage sale :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I LOVE these! Beautiful. :star_struck:

5 Likes

I bid $100… :grin:

5 Likes

I was actually wondering how many things would be up for bidding vs buy it now. I can definitely see some items getting lots of bids!

6 Likes

If you’re not on Facebook, just click the X and you should still be able to see the little video.

She’s since cut the opening wider and it will be trimmed and carved, too, of course. But I thought the torch shot was fun!

Also, we tried to ball a skein of yarn to test the opening. Let’s just say that is not our expertise. It was quite a scene. :laughing:

11 Likes

Did you at least do a video of you torching the yarn? :laughing:

1 Like

I felt like we were getting there at one point. :laughing: I was holding the skein at one end of the room, she was holding the ball at the other. Our dog was trying to clothesline herself on the whole thing. Knots were happening. Crying laughing ensued.

5 Likes