Craft This In Your Style - LC Edition

Oh my goodness! I love him and I love that you are keeping him. He looks so happy hanging out with you!

3 Likes

So sweet!! He’s the perfect mascot!

3 Likes

So AH-DORABLE!

3 Likes

I just knew you were going to knit him! So darn cute!!! Did you make up the pattern?

3 Likes

Another great entry!!!

3 Likes

Thanks!
I didnt make up the pattern, I slightly modified a paid pattern that i searched out looking for one that suited the inspiration artwork. I’m going to give him his own post and i’ll find the right link to share the source.

4 Likes

absolutely adorable!!

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

He’s so cute! I love how mug of hot chocolate!

3 Likes

Adorable!

3 Likes

So super cute and looks cozy in your yarn bag.

3 Likes

I wanted to give this a whirl, but watercolor is not my forte. I was hoping by posting it I would encourage others who had a less than stellar result to post theirs as well. Lol!

I have no idea what happened to the Blue Sky it might be my type of watercolor. I thought the ground was okay, but the sky was blotchy. If anyone has any clue other than bad watercolors I’d love to hear it.

23 Likes

I think he’s great! I like how you captured his expression, especially.

2 Likes

Rosy cheeks! A sweet bear.

2 Likes

WOW, He is adorable :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

So sweet! I didn’t think anything was wrong with the blue, it feels like a starry night to me or maybe it’s snowing.

4 Likes

He’s adorable!

I don’t know a ton about watercolors but I think that a property of some pigments is that it will granulate like that. I have a specific green Daniel Smith watercolor (high quality) where the pigments separate when it dries.

3 Likes

I think he looks awesome!!! Love the details you added in the sweater and his rosy cheeks.

It’s so strange because your other colors are so vibrant and strong. Before Jen shared her similar experience, I would have said it looks like there is more water than pigment in the blue maybe. It almost looks like you blotted it…strange. I am still learning with watercolors, too (I have one palette, lol), so I’m in no way an expert. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

the sky is usually blotchy, I think it looks fine.
cute bear!

2 Likes

I think your bear looks gorgeous @gozer!! I love his little face :sparkling_heart:

@photojenn is correct, the effect in the sky will be because the particular colour of blue is a granulating pigment. It varies from pigment to pigment, and (to a much smaller extent) from brand to brand. Ultramarine (which this looks like??) is usually quite granulating. One of the Phthalo blues, Prussian blue, or Indanthrone blue would be less or non- granulating.

Personally, I love the effect of granulating pigments, but it all comes down to the effect you want to achieve. For every paint I own, I do a little swatch on a piece of medium watercolour paper (a bit less than ATC size), from quite concentrated to very watery - and that really helps me to visualise how each paint will turn out.

Also, If you want a smoother effect, you can try painting the whole area with clean water, not too much (no puddles, just a slight sheen), and then paint your smooth wash.

8 Likes