Craft This In Your Style - LC Edition

@AntBee
Your knitted fella is perfect! You even nailed the coffee mug.

@gozer
Love your bear! His little pigeon toed stance is so cute.
I think blue and red watercolors can do that. I think I remember hearing that it’s a mixing issue. Also, did you do it on wet paper vs dry? That can change the opaqueness as well. I get this a lot. That said, I like the effect. It gives the sky some texture and interest.

5 Likes

Thanks for the lesson…I also have a swatch of each type/brand of paint and the color. I know I prefer some brands of paints to others, but maybe just one or two colors. I use every kind of paint as long as I know what it is going to do. I like surprises as well…and there is no such thing as a “mistake”…it can be turned to something that seems purposeful!

I love your painting of this cutie, @gozer! If you hadn’t said anything, I would have thought you just did a nice textured sky! Keep on painting and playing…it shows you are enjoying it!

5 Likes

I got some coloured pencils out this morning, to try a different style. I looked at the image beforehand for inspiration, but then just drew from imagination/memory.

22 Likes

So peaceful! Love that you really did your own thing with it. I admire that ability!!

5 Likes

Looks like a nice relaxing cup of tea…ahhh…probably opposite of what you are going through now with your move, but something to look forward to when it is all done! Nicely done!

4 Likes

Wow! So amazing and so quick. This is the greatest!

3 Likes

My stars, he’s adorable! I love him so much.

3 Likes

What an adorable and peaceful face. He’s so cute!!!

5 Likes

Really lovely! He looks so cozy in that beautiful sweater.

4 Likes

Your bear reminds me of a nice, quiet winter morning. You embraced the spirit of the challenge.

I do the same thing with artwork. I take a good, detailed look, then put it away and do what i remember. I think it gives you the essence but allows your own work to shine!

6 Likes

I love your bear,@gozer! I thought of a starry winter sky when I saw it!

@jemimah your bear looks so serene! Love it!!

3 Likes

Love your cozy bear! Going to have to try that technique, too — studying the inspiration art, then putting it away and working from memory.

4 Likes

One thing I like about this challenge is that you can take it in either direction- take it and work it in your style but pretty copy-paste from the original like my bear and ghost or take the elements and do totally your own version like Jemimah’s. The “duplicate it” version has been really helpful to me to make sure I just Get. Something. Done. I tend to overthink things when starting from scratch. In my present mental bandwidth situation I just need an easy-ish win. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I totally agree with this and how this along helps break through!

7 Likes

Duplicating things can teach you a lot. Dont downplay or underestimate it. Sometimes that can be harder!

6 Likes

Sometimes that happens and creating something and having a final result to admire provides us all with those happy endorphins. Definitely something I’m sure we can all relate to!

7 Likes

Late to the party, but loving everyone’s bears and just couldn’t resist.

21 Likes

Awe. I love them in the little cup! Very creative.

2 Likes

These are too cute! I love that they themselves are in the teacup instead of them holding the teacup. Adorable!!!

4 Likes

AHH! Teacup teddies!!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes