Craft This In Your Style - LC Edition

I forgot too! Too busy birding, just like @Lynx :smiley:

2 Likes

Me, too! I don’t have a legit excuse, really. Just easily distractible.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Same! Time got away. And this one was a little harder for me to wrap my head around for some reason.

2 Likes

I started, just haven’t had time to finish. Maybe Monday since it’s a bank holiday.

2 Likes

It’s camping season so we’re just so busy. I can craft more in the fall.

1 Like

I’m going to join in next month when it’s a portrait :hugs:

1 Like

Well. I don’t know if this is my style exactly but I did something lol. Fun to play! At least I found a use for the millions of printed pictures my girls have taken since they got cameras at Xmas!

I tried using stickers to mask the stars in the background and it was only semi-successful. Hence the weird shapes in the sky. :laughing:

I might cut it up again and reuse pieces…we’ll see.

18 Likes

Ok. I couldn’t imagine not participating but I haven’t had a lot of time to make things these days so I sketched this out real quick. It was a little more complicated for me so I tried to keep it simple. Hence the stick figures. And when it came to adding color I kept it in my current color obsession (which my atc swappers might recognize) BLUE!

Edit…. Not sure why I thought there was water under the air balloon. Lol. Maybe that’s the Puget Sound?!?

19 Likes

It looks awesome! Love the stick figure look!

2 Likes

You guys are spurring me on. I need to put this on my (ever growing) list of things to try to accomplish this weekend! The pieces so far are amazing and I love how both pieces are more in your own style instead of re-creating the art. Fantastic!

5 Likes

These are both fantastic!! I keep meaning to get started on my idea and hAve yet to do so!

2 Likes

Those are both so wonderful in so many ways! I keep forgetting to do this, and doubt I’ll be able to by the end of the month, because we have several end-of-June birthdays in the family, and I’m busy with those. But I’ll try!

2 Likes

Here’s mine. I had done most of it earlier in the month and finished up today.

The buildings are cardboard from old packaging glued down. I used acrylic paints, stablio all pencils, neocolors.

The stars are a stamp from @Bunny1kenobi

The dog has a slight pattern on it but doesn’t show up on the pic

20 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

These all look great!

1 Like

This turned out awesome, @geekgirl! Glad you like the stamp, too!

2 Likes

I like to make these in atc size!

I decided to get into my masterboard stash that I received in swaps for the buildings. Map for background. # 9 from masterboard. The balloon is a coffee filter colored in marker and spritzed with water. (Good way to teach kids about Dale Chihuly).

As you can see, I also decided to reverse the design.

I added some Sharpie detail to the building masterboards as well.

13 Likes

looks great! and the map background is such fun!

4 Likes

Well, I did make something. Definitely more for-fun than art! I’ve been playing with metal lately, so I did a 100% metal shadow box version.

The stars, most of the buildings, and the people are made from soda cans, the balloon and shadow box are from tins, and the basket of the balloon was from an old toy baking tin (that was in terrible condition).
Everything is held together with brads, chain, and jump rings. Lots of fun to make!

21 Likes

That’s awesome!! Such a cool interpretation! Love it!

4 Likes