Craft Through Coronavirus Craftalong

Those look great! I can’t wait to see the rest of them - how many more are there?

1 Like

I finished a little something last night but I can’t share it yet. Going to try to get a mug rug done for my MIL today using some pretty fabric squares I got from @cackle. Her birthday is at the end of the month.

4 Likes

There are seven of them. The colors of the rainbow. I finished yellow last night and will start on green today.

8 Likes

Here’s my finished “mug rug”!

Pretty simple and a little wonky but I think she’ll like it! Feels good to get something done.

24 Likes

I’m now working from home for the forseeable future, so I have planned to paint my bathroom and hopefully living room. If I’m wfh for too long I will try and craft my way through this, so a good thread to follow.

7 Likes

I made Quarantine Juice (AKA Fruit Infused Water Using the Instant Pot):

Project post: Quarantine Juice (AKA Fruit Infused Water Using the Instant Pot)

10 Likes

Not much crafting done, still trying to find my new work-life balance. I work from home anyway, but now have a really cute coworker who hates doing schoolwork, and needs to be fed a few times a day.
I did make mushroom soup, might take a picture tomorrow if I manage to make it look picture worthy (in the pot it just looks like cement :laughing:)

4 Likes

Have spent the afternoon puttering in my studio. I haven’t finished anything, but I did set up & mostly fill boxes being sent to a few friends, and cut & prepped all the materials for a batch project. Hoping to make 7 or 8 of the thing I prepped, when I am back in my studio tomorrow. (It’s a secret for some LC friends.)

For now, it’s time to make dinner, and crochet. Or at least try to crochet. When I was working on my shawl last night, I discovered that the two sides were different lengths, meaning there’s a mistake somewhere. I did a row count, and had two different numbers on the two sides. I undid a row, and counted the previous row, and it was definitely wrong, so that one came out too. Did another row count, and they were still not only wrong, but different from one another again. I ended up frogging 4 rows last night. I have to do some more counting, and probably frog 1-2 more rows. I seem to be 4 stitches off per row right now, so I’m hoping, even if I don’t find the exact point the mistake was made, I can fudge it back to normal by adding in 1 stitch at the beginning and end, and 2 at the corner, to bring it back up to the correct amount, then just go from there. :yarn:

Wish me luck!

4 Likes

Good luck! That will keep your mind occupied, at least.
I really need to get back to my blanket project. We’re having a romantic dinner together right now, actually. Not me and my husband, (he’s gaming and swearing loudly about “campers”) I mean me and the blanket. It lives on the dining table forever, apparently lol

5 Likes

Ooh, those different fabrics are all so pretty!

1 Like

Fruit infused water?!? I will check out the post!!!

I have multiple projects in the works. I set up my embroidery machine on the dining table, started a crochet coat, and I have dozens atc backgrounds ready to work on. Plus some altered journal pages waiting for the doodle stage. And most of the laundry finished and dishes done. Woo!

9 Likes

@Abbeeroad I recognize that star shibori fabric!!! Great use and just love your wacky, wonky, patchy mug rug!

@kittykill You are making good progress on those! How cool that there are so many ways to represent the lovely rainbow colors and designs of the chakras!

@craftADDchick wow…those look like a nice healthy drink…eating, drinking, exercising and sleeping are in my plan to stay well!

@audity I love having multiple projects going on at the same time. Your new set up looks like it is made for the same thing! Hmmm…do you sew standing? I am seriously thinking of raising my machine to standing height…we all sit too much in our daily lives…

@MistressJennie I have made so many mistakes in my shawl but I just fudge a stitch here and there and it does get back in line…as a matter of fact, I have pretty much dropped the pattern and just started matching my own on both sides…to be honest, it is the way the pattern is written…the author “over explains” and it is tedious to follow! Good luck…I know you will find a way to complete that beautiful shawl!

@antbee…you crack me up! That blanket is your nemesis! When you get it done, you are going to be shouting it out all over Lettuce Craft! ha ha ha

1 Like

One more down!

I like how individually they are okay but together they are beautiful.

17 Likes

That is how I felt about the cross stitch ones I did last year…each one was OK, but seeing them together really was impactful!

2 Likes

Yes!! I tried to use some white fabric we got at Walmart a while ago for lining a folding table, but when I hit it with the iron it totally distorted! Then I realized it was cotton poly. :slightly_frowning_face: So I had to use something else I’d been saving. It’s not quite as wonky IRL as it looks it the pic. :wink:

I am loving the chakra stitches @kittykill

2 Likes

My kid and I watched the first two “Lunchtime Sketching with Mo Willems” episodes for Art Time today, and then after bedtime I broke out the tiny greenhouse room box kit that I got for the Christmas before last and hadn’t managed to get to yet.

I think we’ll try some of the ATC prompts tomorrow.

3 Likes

I am spending way too much time making these but it is a fun thing to do while binge watching tv!

21 Likes

Tiny Sansevieria!! I love them!

2 Likes

I love those tiny plants! Do you have a plan for them?

1 Like

I do, actually…my brother loves miniatures so I am going to do a little diorama for him for his birthday (late birthday present…ha ha).

Then, I am going to make even smaller ones to go into my dollhouse that I plan on redoing in the Wee House Craftalong…

Why? You want some?

4 Likes