Quarantine Juice (AKA Fruit Infused Water Using the Instant Pot)

Now that I’m home for 3 weeks due to school being closed, I’ve come to the realization that I am drinking less water at home than I do at school. And, I don’t drink much at school, either. So, when I developed a headache the other day, I realized I had only had a cup of tea at breakfast, and nothing else. Since I don’t love the taste of my tap water, I decided to finally make some fruit infused water. But… bits of fruit pulp in my water just isn’t something that appeals to me. So, I found a instructions for making fruit infused water in the Instant Pot.

Here’s the basics:

1. Put fruit combo in the IP. You can put it
  2. Add water to cover.
  3. Process under high pressure for 5 minutes.
  4. Strain using a fine sieve and cool.

I had some very icy bags of frozen fruit that needed to be used up, and this was the perfect use for them.

For the first batch, I used about 2 cups of cranberries (pictured on the right) and about a half cup of pineapple chunks (it was hard to measure because the chunks were really iced over). For the second batch (pictured on the left), I used about 2 cups of blueberries and about a half cup of mango chunks (also very iced over).

I used about 6 cups of water, and ended up with almost 2 quarts of each batch.

Once I get my hands on some cucumber and mint, I’m trying that, and also some lemons and lavender.

I’ve already had more water to drink today than any other day this week!

14 Likes

Ooh, your homemade fruit infused water looks great. I’ll have to remember to try this when lychee is in season!

3 Likes

Well that is just so cool. I don’t love water either, it needs to taste like something but I sure don’t need loads of sugar. I think the cucumber and lavender combos will be delicious too.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this!

1 Like

What a great idea! I imagine you get way more flavor this way than if you just toss some fruit into water We have a pressure cooker that I’m going to try this with!

1 Like

It’s definitely way better than plain water! I’m trying the cranberry & pineapple batch first. Even though I had only about a half cup of pineapple, compared to 2 cups of cranberries, the pineapple flavor is stronger at first, but the cranberry is the flavor that lingers. And, it has just a hint of sweetness, do I don’t need to add any sugar.

I’m going to enjoy playing around with different flavors :laughing: The site I got the directions from had a few different combos listed, but I didn’t have any of them on hand.

1 Like

These sound great! Why is it so much harder to maintain our routines at home? :thinking:

Love your jars and lids too!

1 Like

we’re all going to stand at the end of your drive. with respectful distances between us. waiting for jars to be left out.

jes sayin.

2 Likes

You totally inspired me to make jello from some fruit simmer liquid instead of pouring it down the drain. Thank you!

1 Like

This sounds and looks friggin delicious! And I don’t like pulp either, so I’m glad you showed how to make it without it being pulpy. Thank you!