Craft Through Coronavirus Craftalong

Shibori!! It looks awesome!

4 Likes

I had finished up this embroidery a couple months ago and I finally did something with it! It is one of the main characters from the Webtoon Purple Hyacinth (I did not draw this one I copied the line art). I used fabric inks and lots of purple colors of embroidery floss. Nothing too crazy for finishing it, just found a couple pieces that looked nice and made good frames. I might hand stitch a sleeve on the back for hanging but for now it’s finished. I did a facing finish so that it can stay flat

14 Likes

this is such a great thread! you guys are so inspiring :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that we’ve entered a new month, I thought I’d go through my list of goals that I posted at the beginning of this thread and see where I stand:

-Finish my Flash the Sloth hoop DONE!
-Make a set of three crocheted hanger covers DONE!
-Make more TM patches for my parents’ KitchenAid cover (maybe even… finish the cover???) Finishing the cover is put on hold for now as I need to go out and shop for supplies, which isn’t happening soon. But I can make patches!
-Finish knitting a baby sweater for my friend’s second baby (due in May) DONE!
-Make felties to send to my friends in Japan I made a felt applique hoop for one of them; does that count?
-Make a feltie of a weird Japanese fish-monster prophet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amabie (Some of my friends in Japan have been drawing pictures of this and posting it because in the legend it said to do that if disease spreads) Totally forgot about this one; still wanna do it!
-Make some small amigurumi when my yarn order comes Yarn order still hasn’t come ToT
-Decoupage some paper photo frames (first need to choose the photos to go in them, so I can coordinate colors!) Waiting for warmer weather so I can do this outside 'cause of glue smell

Hmm, I’m actually doing better than I thought! That’s encouraging! XD I should add one more:

-Make a hoop for MYSELF!

How’s everyone else doing with their lists?

5 Likes

I finished four of the projects on my March list and have now moved them onto my April list…it has helped to have a list and to see all of you carrying on…

2 Likes

Finally finished and posted my Corona quilt!!

3 Likes

That’s a very cool scrappy quilt!

I’ve been playing lots of animal crossing so not as much crafting happening. But I did get this fun cocktail runner top done!

14 Likes

Ooh very cool! I like the little cocktails print.

2 Likes

Love it! Cheers! :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Ohh @sheepBlue this is amazing. I love it. I’m thinking of the same quilt pattern for my next… It’s gorgeous.

And @poetrylover828 that cocktail runner is fabulous. Those fabrics!! Where did you get them?

3 Likes

love seeing the quilt projects!

1 Like

Thank you! I got them from my local quilt shop. I will have to look to see who made the print. I loved the print. I honestly don’t drink that much but I love the retro look and they are my colors!

2 Likes

Since I am between projects, I used today to clean up my craft room. It’s amazing the supplies you forget that you have :joy: Now to figure out how to use some copper tape, sulky, and wood paper…

6 Likes

I love cocktails, 50s designs and the colours!

2 Likes

What’s sulky (apart from my kids when they can’t watch TV)?

Sorry I got distracted and never went to see what the fabrics were (but I can recommend that new Disney movie Onward). The fabrics are from Michael Miller and I think the line is Kitschy Cocktails (or afternoon least one of the pieces is that).

1 Like

It’s a dissolvable stabilizer used a lot for embroidery.

1 Like

Thank you x

2 Likes

Ahh. I use a lot of that, at times, but never remember the brand names.

1 Like

Hey friends, thought I’d throw this out there. I am supposed to close the signups for the Go Bananas Swap today, but I have an uneven number of swappers! The point of this swap is to get to know, and then to spoil your partner, and go bananas crafting something really lovely for them, so I’d prefer not to have to do a round robin. I want folks to really be able to interact with one another. Anyone interested in playing with us??? C’mon! Help a sister out!

1 Like