Both have been prolific lately in posting scrappy quilt projects. I am a huge lover of scrappy projects myself, but it has been a long time since I have felt inspired to poke around my fabric stash. And it is exactly because of that reason that I thought it would be a smart idea to use as much of it up as I could to make a new quilt for my queen bed that badly needs a new quilt top (our old one is made for a twin bed maybe? and is not at all adequate for 2 people - I’m over it!).
Most of these fabrics were less than a 1/4 of a yard because for a while I was really into TM patches, so it’s nice to use them up so I now have a reason to buy new fabric I also picked the pattern because @sloth003 did it recently and I looked at that and thought…“it’s just strips sewn together…maybe I can do that too.”
The finished beast - easily fits over my queen mattress, it’s approximately 88" x 88" and is finished with tie quilting (I didn’t want to try to drag that through my sewing machine).
Here are some progress pictures…
And close ups. I put some arrows to point out some fabrics I got from other people over the years: @Abbeeroad gave me some of her beautiful dyed fabric scraps, @Edel and I did a swap for printed fabric years ago and I’m still using them up, @smashu and I swapped on a Fabric Printing swap I hosted on deadster years ago and I’m still using her beautiful prints, and there’s also one from kawaiihelen from deadster (I don’t know if she made the transition here) that I love too. There’s more but I can’t pick them out - if I missed one that you can identify shout it out
And because I’m not a real quilter, I like to finish my back with something cushy and warm so I used fleece (no batting layer in-between). It was a hell of a time to get these two layers together so sue me if I’m not going to add a third for fun.