Craft Through Coronavirus Craftalong

Today’s making - chocolate banana cookies and cut a king size bed into a full size bed. We got a new mattress, so the kiddo got an upgrade.

4 Likes

Ack. Today I’m feeling really overwhelmed with everything, yesterday’s projects were rubbish, so I’m torn between a do-over or something fresh. But no idea what.

5 Likes

I totally understand…I feel almost “forced” to craft and nothing I do is turning out or I am losing interest fast…I think I will take a day to just relax, read, and maybe a bit of baking or something following a recipe…

Hubby bought so many cans of fruit cocktail in his little hoarding panic…and we don’t even eat it normally! I remember seeing or hearing about a fruit cocktail cake or muffins or something…

I also have some clothing fabric that I might cut out at least…

“forced” crafting is not fun and I won’t do it!

1 Like

You could blitz the fruit and turn it into a real cocktail, a quick Google found this

1 Like

oh that sounds fabulous!!!

Hubby doesn’t drink sweet drinks, so I can have it all…

I still want to bake something…for him as well…and just to stop looking at 12 cans of fruit that will probably get donated later…I gave him strict instructions to only buy what we normally eat, but this was on sale…UGH…

2 Likes

I’m in too. Need to make things! I finally started that lettuce craft cross stitch by @storerboughtcreation today. It’s here: Lettuce Craft (with pattern!)

7 Likes

Ooh, I am all for this! I don’t know how much I’ll actually be able to get done with my son home from school, but I’m hoping to surprise myself! I plan on switching out his toy box toys later today, which will he’ll love. He’ll be busy rediscovering his old toys and I’ll be busy starting a quilt for a friend that I want to finish by the end of this month (I still haven’t finished any quilt project yet :grimacing:).
:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I hear ya? @AudiobookLover, i was just looking at the big in-progress blanket (crochet) that has taken up permanent residence on my diningroom table and thinking how much more i could get done if i wasn’t entertaining everyone home. Not that i wish them away, mind you, just that I’ve had to rethink my timing goals.
Good luck with your quilts!

3 Likes

It absolutely counts!

Deep breath my Lovely. You can handle anything. Sending you a virtual cup of soothing tea. :tea:

When I did a big pantry restock early in February, I really cleaned and reorganized my cabinets. When I did I found 3 cans of lychees, that I bought at Aldi ages ago, and have no idea what to do with! :laughing: If you find a great recipe for using canned fruit, let me know.

1 Like

I love this and this is my first post since Craftster closed. I am totally on board for this. I live alone and work for the county I live in. They have us working remotely so I can already picture myself - All work and no play makes Susie a dull girl. Crafting to the rescue! Pro tip: started listening to podcasts while crafting instead of just television. Nice change of pace.

I will be making crocheted frogs with leftover yarn balls as they don’t require much and I have a ton of safety eyes. Will post pictures soon.

Love reading the comments! We will all need lots of ideas. Sending lots of love from Oregon to you guys!

17 Likes

Welcome to Lettuce Craft @susieoregon! We’re glad you’re here.

1 Like

I am going to make this…my mom had a similar recipe but I just can’t find it…but it only uses up one can…looks like the food pantry will be getting a lot of canned goods soon…

Fruit Cocktail Cake

I also found this…sounds yummy!
Lychee Cake

1 Like

I saw that cake recipe! It looks tasty, but I’m lactose intolerant, and it has a bunch of double cream in it. :slightly_frowning_face: I’ll either have to keep looking, or google around to figure out what to replace it with that’s dairy-free.

I often use coconut cream as a substitute…plus coconut and lychee are a natural combo…mmmmm

1 Like

Edel - something told me you’d come thru! :laughing:

:kissing_heart: :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Cheers to #coronacrafts! This cutout that i posted on IG yesterday looked cuter than the actual shamrock itself. You guys inspire me to think outside of the box so BAM…I’m hoping for a magnet swap so I can send someone some leather fridge photo magnets!!!

10 Likes

I love frogs!!

1 Like

That colour change is beautiful!

1 Like

My sister sent this to me today:

23 Likes