Craft Through Coronavirus Craftalong

Well, looks like I’m going to be inside a for awhile! California is under a shelter in place mandate as of midnight tonight. :pensive:

I squeezed in a few tidbits before the end of the day!

Another ATC desk challenge:

Washi tape, business card, notebook paper, double sided tape, ribbon

And one repeat on this scarf in bernat baby yarn. I made my mother one in cotton, about 10 years ago and really liked it.

10 Likes

Another day spent entirely in the house, so I finished edging four TM patches! These are part of my KitchenAid cover project:

14 Likes

Those patches are fantastic, @roler! I especially love the fox and the hedgehog.

@Animegirlie, your ATC is so pretty! And the sentiment is wonderful, especially for right now.

@fatewineroses, thanks for posting that link! I’m wondering about it, though. How can they be sure that the person sewing the masks isn’t infected, and thus infecting everyone via the masks? Maybe they have some way of sanitizing them when they arrive? (I’ll admit I didn’t read too carefully.) Or maybe they just let them “rest” for a few days upon arrival… I think that would do the trick, too.

4 Likes

I love them big time, but I don’t really have miniatures, so they would go to waste with me. I just figured you had some fabulous plans for them and wanted in on the secret! :smiley:
Can’t wait to see them when they have a tiny home!

2 Likes

I love miniatures but have no place anymore for them…I was teasing you as part of my attempt to pass on things I make…ha ha…

My brother immediately asked for them so I am putting together a scene in a cigar box

2 Likes

First bit of quarantine crafting: Batts!

18 Likes

Working on this set. Stitched all yesterday

26 Likes

Those are adorable!!!

1 Like

So, so cute!

1 Like

Scrapping along…

22 Likes

It’s so vibrant! I can tell it’s gonna be beautiful.

2 Likes

Definitely a great job of putting those scraps to use!

The colors are gorgeous and it appears that your stitching is neat and precise and you are using your iron…(sorry, ha ha…watched too many episodes of the Great British Sewing Bee…)

4 Likes

HAHAHA, please don’t look too closely. At least the busy patterns hide the flaws well.

2 Likes

As the judges say, the flaws are miniscule! ha ha ha

4 Likes

Love this! I have so many scraps and random fabrics, this would be a great way to use them up. Did you plan the placement at all?

2 Likes

Oooh I love rhubarb pie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pie:

1 Like

There is pretty much no general plan for placement at all. I did tend to make the strips with special patterns or prints on them the center strips just because they get a little more real estate that way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s fantastic…I love seeing all the different fabrics you used and identifying the ones I have in my personal stash :smiley:

3 Likes

I see two that I have in my stash…I think even that is incredible considering how many fabrics there are (and of course, I want them all!)… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see two swatches (halloween poison & AB floral) and possibly a third swatch (that I can’t verify since that stash is out of state) :laughing: