Crafting for good craftalong 2020

Wow, they are awesome!!

3 Likes

I am currently crafting for a charity named Project Robby. It was begun by a set of parents whose baby was born too early. Hospitals and parents can request a set like this:

Each set includes a blanket, hat, and angel wings. Hospitals may have donations of hats/blankets, but oftentimes, they are too big for the babies that are born very early.

The parents can use the set as a keepsake, to take photos of the baby in, or to bury the baby in. I plan on making bigger and bigger sets till I reach the largest they require, and then starting at the smallest again.

6 Likes

Project Robby sounds like a wonderful cause to contribute to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And I’ve shipped off our contributions for ARCG to a local hub. I say ‘our’ because in addition to my efforts, my aunt and grandmama sewed about 40 of the joey pouches :slight_smile: Not the best pic, but it’s the only one I took before I sent.

7 Likes

Working on fishy bookmarks. Need to laminate but I hope to mail soon.

9 Likes

They look fabulous!

1 Like

Yay, more fish! :grin:

What a great way to use your fish stamps!

1 Like

What a precious project!!

We have friends who had a baby at 25 weeks, thankfully he lived, but I know many others who haven’t and something like this would have helped.

2 Likes

I didn’t even think to ask…even if I’m not crafting for the cause of the month, can I still post photos here of what I am making for charity?

Either way, I’ll post this last thing and then wait for the reply.

My latest blanket/hat/angel wing set for Project Robby:

3 Likes

Absolutely!
Any crafting for good project pics are always welcome in this thread :slight_smile:
We need more positivity in our lives and it’s awesome to see what others are working on.
I figured it might be nice to have a couple of featured causes each quarter to inspire us to craft, and moving forward I hope we’ll find even more awesome organizations to craft for.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your quick answer!

These are soooo cool! The kids will LOVE them! Thank you @Smmarrt!!

1 Like

Forgot to share the origami bookmarks that the kids at CESJDS made with us!! They were all so creative!

Thanks everyone for helping us!
Lana & Rox/Small Things Matter

3 Likes

wow…those kids are quite talented! I would love to know how to make those!

1 Like

I made another blanket for Project Robby and a big set of angel wings:

They give the big angel wings to parents whose babies were stillborn, I think.

3 Likes

Such a sad thing but a nice way to help the family… :heart:

1 Like

We’re quickly approaching the end of the first quarter and it’s time to think of what we would like to work on next.

There has been a few posts in this community about making fabric masks for personal use and due to the shortage of disposable masks, some health care facilities are requesting sewn masks. Perhaps we can consider doing this for ourselves and for our local communities (if there is a request for them)?

Another thought I had was the need for random acts of kindness. There are no strict guidelines, but we’ll do whatever we can craftwise to practice random acts of kindness.

Let’s talk about this! I would love input before posting for the second quarter :slight_smile:

2 Likes