Crafting for good craftalong 2020

Hi @geekgirl! I’ve never tried the swing arm (don’t have one). Maybe it would work. :slight_smile:

Look what this little guy is doing! Six years old, and he’s making handmade Sculpey koalas for people who donate to a wildlife rescue group, and apparently that’s prompted $20k in donations.

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Taking a break from sewing and knitting to play with my paper stash. Yes…there will be bookmarks in the not too distant future :blush:

8 Likes

Anyone else making bookmarks? :woozy_face:

6 Likes

Your bookmarks look great!! The recipients will love them. Well done!

2 Likes

They’re gorgeous! Inspiring stuff :open_book::yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Yes I am making some - using up scraps. But I was looking for ideas of what to write on them.
“READ” works. Hope to send some next weekend.

2 Likes

Eek! These are sooo cute Loves!!!

1 Like

I am going to work on some bookmarks this weekend. What a great idea!

3 Likes

And they’re complete…hope to stop by the post office next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

The bookmarks are very cute. “Read” is what I put on the last set I sent too. Seems appropriate!

2 Likes

Read is a great message.

Thanks everyone for joining in. I just started working on our auction and I am hitting one wall after another. So many businesses that used to help nonprofits have now either made their own nonprofit and can’t help us, or have simply stopped helping. :frowning: Anyhow this gives me something to smile about. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay! Thank you Loves!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG! I received lovely happy bookmarks from @loves2experiment today. It is cold, rainy, and dreary here today and these bookmarks were just the perfect thing to bring a smile to my face!

I love the happy/sad little birds, the hedgehog, lil’ monsters, and all the other fun little creatures and I know for sure that the kids will love it!

I’m part of a galentine’s event this Thursday and I’m thinking that setting out a table with little mix and match things like this might be the perfect thing for this mixer!

Thanks so much Loves for crafting these for the kids we serve! Our next distribution at a Title I school is this March! We have a goal of 600 bookmarks. I think we’re almost halfway there with your donation of 42 wonderful bookmarks. Thank you!!!

Lana & Rox/underthemountain
Small Things Matter

11 Likes

They turned out so cute!!!

3 Likes

They look so terrific! And there are so many of them, wow.

3 Likes

Yay! Glad you think the kids will like them.
600 bookmarks? C’mon fellow lettuceheads…we can do this!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Woohoo! I worked with some great kids at Washington Episcopal last week and they made these beauties!!

3 Likes

More fun from a Galentine’s Day Party STM was invited to! Heavily inspired by the amazing bookmarks @loves2experiment made for us

Are you guys seeing a pattern here? We learned about paper fabric from @Magpie and birdie cuts from @loves2experiment. Immitation is the highest form of praise. Remember that! :slight_smile:

6 Likes